• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

I Got Wood!

Metrostar

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Went to Home Depot last night and spent $153 on some laminated pine and a quart of ebony wood stain. The bottom two shelves will hold 150 LP's each. Above that will be two shelves for my receiver/amp and tape deck. My turntable will sit pretty on top.

wood.jpg

nice. I've been toying with the idea of building a new shelf to house my LPs. I'm getting a little sick and tired of rummaging around in various corners of the house for particular records.

Yeah, I just want something that is going to look really nice when I start having friends round for vinyl listening party's. I only have 200 LPs, but I figure I will get up to 300 at some point and then just have my 'top 300' on the shelves.

I looked on the internet for some decent shelving, but couldn't find anything like what I wanted or, the customer reviews were bad. It's best to do it yourself, or in my case, have a talented friend do it.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

yep, my main problem is limited space. Our house is rather small, so its hard to fit premade shelving into the spaces I need. Plus, like you said, there are not a lot of great options for record storage. Though their stuff is rather cookie-cutter, IKEA does make some decent shelving that works really well for records (their EXPEDIT series). They are pretty reasonably priced, IF you have an IKEA near you. The shipping charges cost more than the damn furniture...

Nothing beats a nice custom shelf though. Please show pics when you have it set up, or even during the building!!

The thread title is misleading. :p

Lol. Intentionally. :)

I did look at the Ikea website, but didn't see anything that I could live with. Our nearest one is in Denver, CO.

I will take pictures of it. I think it's going to look awesome.

Lol. Now that you mention it... :D

congratulations! with or without ED drugs?

My buddy finished making my cabinet a few days ago.

6optee.jpg

2eygr28.jpg

I am really pleased with it. I just threw my vinyl in there for picture taking. I need to put it all in some sort of order probably. So, I actually got the Sony 5 CD changer this morning at a yard sale for $5. It works just great.

Me and some friends had a 'vinyl listening party' a few weeks back with an anything from the 80's theme. Pot luck dinner too. Lol. Our next party is going to be "Girls just wanna have fun" and I'm sure it will be just as awesome.

Here is a video of my music room/sunroom. We bought three chairs for it this morning from... wait for it... yes you guessed it... a yard sale. $15 each. Wish we had bought another now.

[video=youtube_share;BwwmgywJL-o]

Anyway. There it is. Let me know if you are near Wyoming sometime with a handful of vinyl and I will get you an invite to a party of ours!

Looks great, but I'd be awfully nervous with that Onkyo receiver shoved in there so tight. Those puppies usually need at least 2-3 inches of air above to breathe.

I have small fans behind every amp, every receiver, and every computer.
Helps in confined spaces.

Adabisi said:
Looks great, but I'd be awfully nervous with that Onkyo receiver shoved in there so tight. Those puppies usually need at least 2-3 inches of air above to breathe.

There was supposed to be more space, but my buddy messed up the measurements. :( To be honest, I don't have it on for very long at a time, but if I did, I think a fan would be quite doable. I will certainly keep an eye on it. thanks. :)

I'm very proud of the room, as you can no doubt tell(!), I wish you could hear how the vinyl sounds with those speakers in that room. It's amazing. It doesn't matter where you sit, there is just great sound everywhere. I've been getting up a few minutes earlier in the morning just to play a track or two before I go to work.

dj_2.gif

Metrostar said:
TI've been getting up a few minutes earlier in the morning just to play a track or two before I go to work.

dj_2.gif

a great way to start the day :)

Back
Top Bottom