• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

Hunger Games: Mockingjay "The Hanging Tree", The:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hunger Games: Mockingjay "The Hanging Tree", The:

This one gave me the hope that something good could come out of the Hunger Games - and for the first 60 minutes this was true. This was a superb cut of Mockingjay 1. The hanging tree theme in the beginning was a bit odd and off for my taste, as this playful style was never repeated througout the movie.
Then Mockingjay 2 started and boredom started as well for me. No one needed more Hunger Games and I would have loved this one to be sliced and diced just as the first one, but it wasn't. The parts that were cut were all chosen carefully and did indeed tighten the 2nd part and make it a better movie (still far from good). The ending was great and finally insterted the pain, sorrow, silence and emotion that was so needed.
The editing was flawless, sound- and videowise. Great image quality and so easy to get through vimeo (I hope that is not dangerous for you to upload such contents there).
So, to sum it up, I was hoping to watch a version of Mockingjay that I could keep as a good movie, but this has not happened. Again part 2 ruined it for me and the great ending could not save the edit from being a one-time amusement. Thank you, Jerick for a wonderful part 1 edit. This was masterful.

http://ifdb.fanedit.org/the-hunger-games-mockingjay-the-hanging-tree/discussions/8928/

Back
Top Bottom