• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

HUNG (2009)

Mollo

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Happy.jpg

HUNG (2009)

I have seen the pilot and 4 episodes in the UK and so far I am really enjoying this TV show. It is good to see some challenging images, such as the opening shot of the American flag waving in the wind only to track back to show a sports stadium being torn down around it.

The images of a fire starting are brilliant. No dialogue, no music, just the growing destructive force of fire.

The idea of working Americans being disenfranchised from their own country is clearly stated. "When did it become necessary to buy life?" the hero asks.

Sex is shown with refreshing honesty. Women are seen taking control of their sex lives and enjoying unabashed sex. "Your vagina is like a battery, it needs to be kept charged or it won't work."

The casting is excellent, as is the acting. The stand-outs are Thomas Jane as the dull yet sympathetic dick, Jane Adams as his deficient pimp and Rebecca Creskoff as the foul-mouthed professional shopper.

RebeccaCreskoff.jpg

Rebecca Creskoff

I have noticed that episode 4 started to lose some focus but I am sure this is the price for an ongoing series. The good news is a second season has been commissioned.

http://www.hbo.com/hung/index.html

Hung.jpg

Based on your recommendation I checked it out.
Thank you. that was great. love the HBO quality.
Its freakin better than most movies.
I did HUNG and eps 1 and 2 of FLASHFORWARD. what a night. :D

Nice one, Jorge....I hope more get turned on to this one!!!

Back
Top Bottom