• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Huge Filesize when exporting from Premiere

Sunarep

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hey everyone, couldn't find a topic like this when browsing through the boards.

I'm currently experiencing some problems with the filesize when exporting from adobe premiere:

I export with the following settings:

Type: Quicktime mov
Codec: DivX 6.8.5.
Framesize: 720 x 576
Framerate: 23.976
Pixel-ratio: D1/DV NTSC (0,9)
Audio: AC-3 ACM Codec

the filesize is about 10 gigabyte for a 2 hours movie. Now I installed DVD lab pro to edit the dvd, but it seems to be unable to open .avi files and I can only export .mov, .avi files from premiere, but no mpg files.

Anyone know which codec i need to install to export mpgs?

Or anyone know a compression to get the movie to a reasonable 700 mb size for previewing?

Currently when i upload videos or show it to my friends i use the setting:

Type: Microsoft AVI
Codec: DivX 6.8.5.
Framesize: 480 x 360
Framerate: 23.976
Pixel-ratio: D1/DV NTSC (0,9)
Audio: AC-3 ACM Codec

but there are so many errors and glitches rendering it this way, it really is only good for myself while editing, but not for a release. If i export the same settings but with a mov file (480 x 360 framesize) the file gets really huge again

so my question would be:

1) how to export mpgs from premiere
2) how to compress videos to a reasonable size without ruining the quality too much

DVD lab pro needs "m2v" video stream.

To get a good AVI, my advice would be to render from Premiere in mp2, then convert it with AutoGK.

thanks for the replies, I'm currently having some technical problems since for some reason Adobe won't let me convert to mpg2 even though I'm pretty dead sure i installed the correct codec (at least i thought it was in the "ffmencoder"-codec package) I'll try my luck with convertxtodvd, this might do the trick

Back
Top Bottom