• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Howard The Duck RePlucked

1stBILLED

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've been thinking about how to recommend Howard The Duck to someone who hasn't seen it, and what I've come up with is to first ask them what they thought of Temple of Doom. As both films were written by Willard Huyck and Gloria Katz, and executive produced by George Lucas, I think they are good for comparison. Both films are delightfully weird and feature a heavy mix of comedy and horror.

1stBILLED

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
PittStone said:
Any Info of a Release Date? Maybe Oktober?

Thanks for asking!
I have completed a cut and am just waiting for it to be included on this site, which I understand can take a while.

I have a teaser trailer as well!

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thread moved to pending review. Thanks.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sorry it's taken me a while to finish getting this one reviewed.  It's edited seamlessly one the video and audio (apart from one spot).  Great job @"1stBILLED"  :)

00.05.47 - Nice work adding the new sub-title.  It looks like part of the movie.
01.27.30 - The matting issues in the boss battle at the end look much improved with better contrast.

The one spot that could be better, although it's not terrible, is...

01.19.40 - The rapid fade out of the hero theme from the plane to the lab is a bit too quick, it's abruptness is accentuated by being timed with a cut to another scene.  You could either cross-fade more slowly/smoothly, or end the piece properly before the cut, or after the cut using some of the original score.  It's okay as is but could use a final finesse.

I believe the piece of music you need for that cut begins around 08.54 into this youtube soundtrack clip but the natural finale to the chase synth music that originally concluded the scene is around 17.24:

This edit is approved. Congratulations.

49890564981_c56acf3ffb_o.jpg

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
giphy.gif

Dub thee, TM2YC does, approved fan editor of the community.

Congratulations!

Talysman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Late to the party, here, but if you're a fan at all of the original, this is definitely the version to see!

rabbitscooter

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Another party latecomer, but I'm excited about this. I liked the original more than I should admit, even with the cringey bits. It was just so nutty and comic-book stupid that it worked for me. And I love Tim Robbins in pretty much anything. So bring it on. It seems like a perfect double bill - oops, haha - with Captain Marvel. Gonna be a retro night! I'll DM you 1stBILLED.

Last edited:

Baenwort

Reaction score
Trophy Points
This FanEdit certainly improves the movie. I can't say I thought even once while watching it that a scene was missing or that something was left out.

It certainly cut enough to make a better movie. As we've seen with other examples. George has great ideas and technical ability but needs a good editor saying 'No George' to him. This fanedit show that again!

Top Bottom