• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

How To Reprocess a film in Sony Vegas with little loss of quality

The Fiery Editor

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hello I am making a fan edit and I am sourcing the film from a PAL DVD. PAL DVD is of acceptible quality and as I do not own a Blu Ray player it will have to do. But when I reprocess the film on Vegas it becomes all pixelated even when I put it on the maximum bitrate and make it constant.

I really don't want this to be too bad, I know on Vegas you are guaranteed to loose a bit of resolution as it is a lossy convertion, but is there a way to minimize it.

I had this problem when I started using Vegas, I couldn't get it to encode a nice mp4. It can however encode a nice lossless LagarithAVI. Then turn that into an mp4 using Handbrake or some such other program.

1. The way you are using "reprocess" I think you are referring to "encode"
2. Your use of "resolution" is probably "quality"

I point out these things, because its important to use the proper terms for these technical questions otherwise you will not get the help you need as people will address a different problem than the one you are actually facing.

---

Your question is covered in the "File Conversion" forum. This thread in particular should help you (though its focused on ntsc, it at least gives you scope of the process).
http://www.fanedit.org/forums/showt...-Khajiit-s-Basic-Guide-to-Encoding-with-HCenc

* As tm2yc said though, your problem is also likely from what you are putting into vegas, not just what you are trying to get out. Most of these types of issues are resolved by changing your workflow such that you put a lagarith avi into vegas, and get a lagarith avi out of vegas, using some freeware file converters on each end.

Back
Top Bottom