• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

how to get 6 mono tracks into womble

tsha222

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have Womble MPEG Video Wizard DVD. I have a clip with the 6 mono audio tracks seperated. How do I get each audio channel into Womble, edit (remove some dialog) and get it back to an AC-3 DVD? I purchased Womble because it had an AC-3 encoder, but for the life of me I can't figure this sucker out and it's been a long day.

Much appreciated!

Aztek463

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Unfortunately, this is above Womble's abilities. You'd need something with a specific audio editor, such as Vegas. Sorry I can't be more help :(

tsha222

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I read on Womble's site that the DVD version included AC-3 encoding. Maybe I misunderstood?

http://www.womble.com/products/Feature.htm

This links to the features list for the diferent versions and it clearly shows AC-3 encoding. What am I missing? :shock:

Thanks!!!

Aztek463

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
You did. Encoding =/= Editing. Encoding simply means it can EXPORT them, but not edit them, short of screwing around with audio on the timeline. As to what I'd suggest - for basic stuff, either Audacity (which is free) or something else, but advanced stuff I have no idea. You'd really need something with capabilities to edit surround sound tracks, like Vegas.

tsha222

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Dang. I got that all screwed up. I still like Womble but I really need to be able to edit each channel individually. This is getting a little pricier than I had hoped.

Aztek463

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It's all free if you, hehe, know where to look.

tsha222

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Actually, looking over Ulead Video Studio 11 Plus, I think I can do 5.1 with that. I may be wrong though.

Aztek463

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Look into it before buying XD

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I changed the name of this topic, because I don't know, I am not using womble. My advise would be to create ONE 5.1 ac-3 file from these OR a 5.1 wav file. Besweet can do that from what I know..

PaulisDead2221

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
can't womble have multi layered audio editing? if you have your ac3 file already split up i don't see the problem with just layering each .wav file on top of each other in six audio tracks lined up together. Then make whatever edit you need, and just export the file with the ac3 encoder attached to womble. I'm just speculating I'm not familiar with the program, but if womble has at least multi audio track capabilities for six layers then that's it plain and simple--of course if it can't do this than what a waste of money for something that can't even layer audio on top of each other . :-x

PaulisDead2221

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Oh lame!

Yeah I'd save up for Vegas. You could probably still pull off what you need with a number of freeware applications I think, but you'll need to get creative. Does Audacity encode .ac3s?

tsha222

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well I should have done a bit more research before pulling the trigger on Womble. It is an easy interface to use but I "assumed" full 5.1 encoding to mean that I could actually create a discrete 5.1 mix. It looks like I will be looking into a full featured piece of softeare from either Sony or Adobe. I will research this time. I want something that will let me do compositing, rotoscoping, basically all the tricks you guys do. I just have to save up a bit first.

Thanks for all the help the past few days. This site is a lifesaver.

tsha222

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I am looking at Media Studio 8. I believe it does what I need. Can anyone confirm this that uses the program?

messenjah14

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
tsha222 said:
I am looking at Media Studio 8. I believe it does what I need. Can anyone confirm this that uses the program?
You mean can you use 6 audio tracks at once separately? Yes, you can.

tsha222

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've been away a few days. Thanks messenjah. That is exactly what I wanted to know.

Thanks!

Lace & Whiskey Fan

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Quick question, what does it mean when after you seperate all six channels, and the Center channel still contains everything {dialouge, music, sound effects} The other channels usually have a specific channel. Shouldn't the center channel have only dialouge?

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
this depends on how it was recorded. You could hope for that, but sometimes everything is mixed. So I'd say in your case, lace, it is an upmixed stereo mix.

Lace & Whiskey Fan

Reaction score
Trophy Points
So even Revenge of the sith has an upmixed stereo mix? I tried this after H20, I thought for sure that I could get just dialouge from the PT films, but still no go. By the way, thanks for being so patient with me Boon, I'm new to editing the audio of a film.

Top Bottom