• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

How to Experience Lord of the Rings for the first time

^^ I can get behind that. There are some good extra scenes in TTT Extended in terms of character development.

EE for me. Theatrical feels like "LotR's Greatest Hits" by comparison.

I rather wish the EEs were even longer.

EE for me. Theatrical feels like "LotR's Greatest Hits" by comparison.

I rather wish the EEs were even longer.
giggle GIF

Theatrical FOTR and TTT, extended ROTK (theatrical always felt incomplete to me, I'd never rewatch it).

Both are valid. My preference is EE. I can sacrifice some pacing for more detail. It's time well spent. That said, first viewing? I quite liked the opportunity to watch these films again, but extra. Can't do that if you start with the extended versions.

If the person watching is the kind to enjoy an extended edition, I reckon they'll seek it out more often than not. Likewise, a bunch of people will not care and the theatrical will suffice for them. That one is probably the easier to see which is ideal.

Personally I'd say theatrical first, and then if you want to watch them again also watch the theatrical that time as well, repeat as many times as desired.

That's not to say the extra scenes aren't cool. Obviously they are great. I just think the films are better off without them.

But then again I usually tend to prefer tighter paced films and obviously its just my opinion. Sometimes after watching one of them i will the next day just watch the extra scenes by themselves as if they were bonus features just to see them because they are still cool.

Back
Top Bottom