• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

how to create scene/chapter stops automatically?

moviegeek71

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I am learning to use DVD Architect 5.0 and what I can see is that I have to manually add each chapter stop. Does it have a way to automatically add them, say every 10 minutes or so?

When I used to use Roxio it had this feature and I'm spoiled to it.

Won't you end up with chapter stops in really weird places (like mid-sentence)?

yeah, you should manually add them at appropriate stops. The auto 5 minute and 10 minute chapters are pretty annoying. Take the extra 5 minutes and add useful chapter stops :)

I see what you mean, I guess I was being lazy. I'll have to watch the whole movie though and take notes on what time(s) to set the chapters.

What editing program did you use? Usually you can create chapter stops in the editing program and it's way easier than Architect's way of doing it. I hate having to add chapter stops in Architect.

Neglify said:
What editing program did you use? Usually you can create chapter stops in the editing program and it's way easier than Architect's way of doing it. I hate having to add chapter stops in Architect.

It's pretty much the same in Vegas and Architect. Zoom into your timeline, hit the marker button. Yeah, you have a bit more room in Vegas, but you can still customize your layout in Architect. There really isn't much of a difference.

At least with Vegas you can easily go frame by frame and I have the preview window. In Architect I have to zoom way in to find the exact spot I want.

Neglify said:
At least with Vegas you can easily go frame by frame and I have the preview window. In Architect I have to zoom way in to find the exact spot I want.

I guess I am missing something, because in Architect, you can also go frame by frame and use the preview window.

Well what you know. Still easier for me in Vegas though.

Neglify said:
Well what you know. Still easier for me in Vegas though.

lol, yeah, we don't care where you do it, as long as you keep making cool DVDs ;)

Neglify said:

There is no editing, it's just a straight rip of a VHS.

Back
Top Bottom