• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

How to change the link colour in DVD-Lab pro

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I am trying to make this very simple, just follow my guide, it will work for any menu using buttons or text.

We will use it on text.

The version of DVD Lab pro I am using is 1.53 and since it is working so well for me, I will not upgrade it yet.

Start DVD Lab pro
--> choose PAL or NTSC for your project and have normal activated (so the DVD will have a normal menu)
--> double click on Menu1 to have it activated in the middle of your screen.
--> choose the text feature to write text into the menu
--> click on the menu and write your text (I wrote LINK COLOR)
--> create a link to movie1 (this is all just for example, you can link wherever you want of write wahtever you want)
linkcolor1.jpg

--> now choose MAP on the right menu
(if there is no menu on the right: View-->Menu Properties)
linkcolor2.jpg

Explanation: Button Hi-Lite Group means there are different groups of preset colours for links. By default No.3 is activated (and you can clearly see a shiny pink in 3 below). Antialiased is obvious and I never use it, but of course you can. Colour map shows the group and the the three stats for each button - by default it shows "selected", which is the color and transparancy level for a button or text that is selected. The other stats are "normal" (which is used for making text and buttons appear in the colour you choose even in animated menus, when they are NOT selected. By default the transparancy level is set to max, so you will see the link on a static menu in exactly the colour that you chose before) and "activated" (the colour the link will switch to once you hit it).

--> Since No.3 is activated by default, we will change that color. Left click on the pink field. Select one of the 14 colours (and look that it will be visible on your background). Voila. You just changed the link colour for a selected link in your menu. All the links in this menu will have the selcted color. For any other menu this has to be done alike OR you can copy the colours from an existing menu.
--> Now you might want to change the transparency level of the "selected" link, just left move the trigger right of the colour selection field to the transparancy level you want.
-->You can do the same to "normal" and "activated" and now the link colours will be the ones you want.

This guide works for any kind of menu, even scene selection menus.

One more thing:
Every menu has its own menu properties. Take care you change the right ones, work full screen to be sure.
I hope this helped, ask if you still didn't succeed.

In case if some didn't know, Originaltrilogy.com is doing a petition to bring the OOT of Star Wars to Blu-Ray and give it a proper treatment. I'd appreciate if you signed it.:

http://originaltrilogy.com/petition/

One Signature Makes One Difference

signed it when they first posted the new petition. ...and I don't even have a Bluray player ;D

ThrowgnCpr said:
signed it when they first posted the new petition. ...and I don't even have a Bluray player ;D

You dont have a "SCART" lead so bluray is way off for you throw ;D ;) :D :p

so where is the petition to get rid of star wars forever? ;)

Yes its next to the petition to get rid of the "Smurfs" :mad: :D ;) :p

hes a philistine throw! :mad:

Back
Top Bottom