• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

How make a Screen Capture?

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This may seem like a silly question,
but I have never before needed to make one
so have never bother to figure it out before.

I want to grab a couple images from a ripped movie.
I have Quicktime Pro.
I would like to be able to email the screen grabs afterwards
instead of posting them on an image hosting site.

I am in your capable hands,
guide me o'wise ones.:)

Captain Khajiit

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A simple way is to use VLC. Video-->Snapshot. The other programs I use for this are for PC, not Mac, so that is all I can suggest. :)

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I believe you're on a Mac, so it's extremely easy. Command-Shift-3 will capture the entire desktop and place the PNG on your desktop. Or, you can use Command-Shift-4 and you can select the area of your screen capture. It will also result in a PNG on your desktop.

If you're on Windows, the easiest way is to press Print Screen on your keyboard. This will copy the entire desktop to your clipboard. Then paste that into Photoshop or some other program and you can crop to your hearts content.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
thunderclap said:
I believe you're on a Mac, so it's extremely easy. Command-Shift-3 will capture the entire desktop and place the PNG on your desktop. Or, you can use Command-Shift-4 and you can select the area of your screen capture. It will also result in a PNG on your desktop.

If you're on Windows, the easiest way is to press Print Screen on your keyboard. This will copy the entire desktop to your clipboard. Then paste that into Photoshop or some other program and you can crop to your hearts content.

Wow, that is easy. Thanks!!:D

Remixed by Jorge

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I would use Mpeg streamclip. the beauty of it is that you can save many frames and it will auto-name the files by number.
so the first file would be postman png, the second postman-1, postman-2 etc.
you can also use fcp but mpeg is easier and better.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
thunderclap said:

Wow, that is easy. Thanks!!:D

Top Bottom