• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

How long to export a movie?

white43

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've followed ADM's guide for editing a movie. He states there that when exporting a movie - it shouldn't take more than 30 minutes. Well, so far, mine is at 40% and has taken 1.5 hours?!?!?

It was all pure edits and one fade near the end. It estimates the size to be 6.5gb

Is this normal?

check the details while encoding. It will show you if womble thinks it has to encode entire sections (which is probably happening). Womble still has quite a lot of bugs and if it really is encoding scenes of your fanedit, then you will have drastically bad image quality.

How can I be sure that womble isn't re-encoding my movie?

Ditto the above. How can I make sure it isn't?

I'm not entirely sure I did everything correctly. I loaded in the video file and audio file and then edited in the Output window as that was where the image was appearing.....?

usually womble will encode "only" the scenes, where you altered the video, IF you are working with vob or mpeg-2. Every other source will get encoded. Transitions, filters, text, will all trigger the encoder.

What boon said, and the more you altered, the longer it takes. I altered about 25 minutes of a movie and it took, no lie, 11 hours to encode. o_O

Just revisited this - I notice I wasn't separating the Audio and Video. Now, the video is racing along(39% after 4 mins :D ). A quick look at the 'detail' reveals a couple slithers (0.073%) being re-encoded - the rest stream copy. I do note however that the audio is 100% being re-encoded - is that because I selected AC3 as the output?

You'll all hate me for this edit anyway.....it's Emmerich's Godzilla :shock: ....and I've only trimmed 18 mins from it..... :cry:

I may be one of the few who actually liked Emmerich's Godzilla...besides, you can edit whatever the hell you want :D

Back
Top Bottom