• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

How do you convert an AC3 file to 6 mono WAV files ?

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TV's Frink said:
Since this topic comes up quite a bit, I have stuck it.

988ufr.jpg

I would like to note that the maximum bit depth Audiomuxer allows is 24, where Besweet allows 36. Both work in Vegas.

I'm trying a different download of besweet to see if it works any better. The gui still sucks, but I think I had an older version before.

WyndorfDave

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Q2 said:
I find the easiest solution is Audacity with the AC3 plugin. Once you've demuxed the VOB open the AC3 in Audacity, then do Multiple Export as WAV. It will then export each AC3 channel as a mono WAV.
Thank you SO much. I have spent hours trying to find out the best way to do this.. You have helped me TREMENDOUSLY!

wedabermon

Reaction score
Trophy Points
You may prefer to this step by step guide named "Faa AC3 Converter - How to Convert AC3 to AAC, MP3, WAV, FLAC, WMA, M4A, AIFF, ALAC, etc on Mac and Windows?".

With it, you can easily convert AC3 to WAV, MP3, AAC, DTS, WMA, M4A, etc.

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Updated dead images.

Top Bottom