• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

How can i get started making Fanedit? And what is Demuxing?

Of course not.
Microsoft movie maker has the possibility for transitions, BUT it cannot output mpeg data, so you would have to convert to DV-AVI and then encode back to mpg (with a tool like tmpgenc)

boon23 said:
Of course not.
Microsoft movie maker has the possibility for transitions, BUT it cannot output mpeg data, so you would have to convert to DV-AVI and then encode back to mpg (with a tool like tmpgenc)

Is Microsoft movie maker also called windows mvie maker cause im not finding it on my PC.

ah, that's the one, right, you have to dwonlaod vs 2.0 from the microsoft site, it is free.

boon23 said:
ah, that's the one, right, you have to dwonlaod vs 2.0 from the microsoft site, it is free.

Okay cool so i should download DVD Fab decryptor, Ripit4me, PGCdemux,
TMPGenc, and Microsoft moviemaker.

Anything else i missed?

an audio editor.
goldwave, if it is still free.
And headac3he to get wave from the ac3
and belight to make ac3 from wav

boon23 said:
an audio editor.
goldwave, if it is still free.
And headac3he to get wave from the ac3
and belight to make ac3 from wav

Alright i gotta go but rteally thanx alot for your help!

audacity is free.... though i've never really used it much and don't know much about it.... but it is a full fledged multi-track audio editing system

Audacity is quite good. I've had it for over a year now, I think. I mostly use it for game mods, but it's good for ripping music from the net.

Welcome to the boards, dude! Fanediting definitely has a learning curve, but it's fun.

Aztek463 said:
Audacity is quite good. I've had it for over a year now, I think. I mostly use it for game mods, but it's good for ripping music from the net.

Welcome to the boards, dude! Fanediting definitely has a learning curve, but it's fun.

Thank you for welcoming me man. I'll check out Audacity.

a persona non grata on FE.
He was banned a few days ago.

i was thinkin making a edit from avp i was thinking cutting the last scene where the alien pops out the prediator i thought it didnt make sense becouse the queen alien was trying to kill him,if you watch the other alien films if you got a alien in ya the alien could sense this and wouldnt kill you could i get away with just useing dvd womble or will it alot of work from other software?

Womble mpeg DVD wizard shoudl be just fine for that. keep an eye onthe audio and I hoep it is the unrated version you want to edit... AND there might be some more to cut from this movie.

why the unrated version is that for legal reasons

no, it contains loads of CGI BLOOD 8)

oh,thanks for your advice i watch it again and ill see if theres any other cuts i could make it has bin a long time since ive watched it

Back
Top Bottom