• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Home Invasion - Deranged. A DF of Don't Breathe and Maniac (2012)

maniac

Reaction score
Trophy Points
On November 29 is the Blu-ray release of Don't Breathe
I ordered this Blu-ray and mostly it gets on time in the import store
When i have him i'm gonna make this DF together with the remake of Maniac 2012
Don't breathe was fantastic when i saw it in the theater and i was editing the movie already when i saw it on the big screen
(How is that happening)

First thing i work on is Maniac 2012 and of course one of my highlight favorites
I used already one great scene in the Ultra Violence cut but now finally i make my own vision of this masterpiece
This is really a great remake of the original
BUT i must say the original stays on top

It's coming up after The Box and it will be released in December
I think a nice DF to watch in the peaceful Christmas holidays :angel:

R9dqpi2.jpg

maniac

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Deranged cut of Maniac 2012 is on 58 minutes
The story is this cut is more based on the real life of serial killer Henry Lee Lucas
A Hooker as Mother, and forced to see as a child the sex she had with different men
Fantastic in this remake is that you see the killer not very often
Most footage is that you see the everything thru the killer's eyes and i tried to do that constantly in this edit
After 40 minutes we see the killer as what he looks like when he scalps the old woman  
Great effects and fantastic acting of Elijah Wood
There is also a scene in a movie theater watching a very old movie in the original, but in this edit they watch a scene of the original Maniac (1980)
I thought it would be nice to put this in
Music overdubs of Jay Chattaway of the original Maniac

Well, further with Don't Breathe ( Home Invasion)

maniac

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I am almost on a running time of 60 minutes with the Don't Breathe cut
In the original the blind man is a soldier from the battles in Irak
Well, we heard that before, i think to make this guy more mysterious in who he is it fits better in this edit
A killer but also a broken man because of the loss of his daughter
In this edit the burglars get the tip of some dealer that there is a lot of money to find in his house and that's it
From that point i begin with the story
There is also an alternative ending 
I think this double feature is ready next week on my blog and mid-December on the IFDB

Hubunkey

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Good to see you cranking out the edits again maniac

maniac

Reaction score
Trophy Points
This DF is completed.
The Don't breathe cut runs exactly 60 minutes
I cut out all the private things of the burglars like for example the woman has a daughter in the original but not in this cut
Like always the unnecessary shit is gone and i had no sympathy at all for that bitch who got away in the original and i think the blind man had the right to come up for himself
That was what i was trying to do with this cut, no soldier from Irak crap no, they fucked with the wrong guy
Don't breath was fantastic in the movie theater, but the ending sucks with that escape of the girl
So i made an "alternative" ending and thanks to my editing software we have now a much nicer ending :shy:

Well, the next one for the blog and the IFDB

The latest DF i do in 2016 will be The Cellar and Payback (10 Cloverfield Lane and Death Sentence) because the upcoming Chainsaw will be done in January.
One of the Chainsaw blu-rays is not good :mad: so i must fix this first before i start to work on it
I make a thread next week of The Cellar and Payback

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Edit released. Thread moved.

Top Bottom