• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Hologram Transmission Sound Effect (Star Wars)

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
So I’m working on a Star Wars Sequel Trilogy edit, and I combined video and audio from multiple Snoke scenes in both TFA and TLJ to make one hologram scene. The problem is, the beginning of the scene has Snoke’s dialogue from the beginning of The Last Jedi, where his voice sounds distorted from the hologram transmission. His voice in the rest of the scene is crystal clear however.

I have no idea how to make his voice sound like it does at the beginning of this clip. Can someone help me out with this one? I couldn’t find what I was looking for on Google. I primarily use Adobe Audition for my audio editing.

Thanks in advance, guys.

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sorry to bump this. However whatever I google, whatever I try on Audition, I can never get the "transmission" voice right.

Can someone please help? Advice concerning any program is fine (like Audacity), I just want to make this sound right and not immediately lose points for the inconsistency.

Top Bottom