• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Hobbit Part 2: An Adventure's End, The:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Finally got a chance to watch both part 1 and 2! Great work overall! Solid edit, which is huge to combine 3 movies, way more work than normal edits for sure! This was a fun way to watch - I loved the chapter additions, it helped create pivot points that I think helped when watching a very long movie like this. The additions of a "Prologue" which allowed Thorin's story to start first, was a nice way to balance Bilbo and Thorin's journey, and just sets up the plot better. The main criticism are personal preference: I think it went a little more serious than I was expecting (I miss some of the silliness,) and overall I'm not a fan of the bespoke color timing and vignette Halos, A couple flashback scenes work, but for me most of the time it was just a distraction. A couple other little notes about narrative I noticed and sent directly to the editor. Overall this was clearly edited with a lot of love, and deserves a viewing for hardcore Tolkien lovers for sure

Continue reading...

Top Bottom