• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Hill Street Blues

Captain Khajiit

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hi, guys! :)

I think there is slight confusion with language/terminology here. In the UK it is common to refer to a television programme's/show's yearly run as a series; series one, series two etc. In the US, a yearly run seems to be referred to as a season; season one, season two etc, with the word series referring to the whole, which it can also do in the UK.

I don't know how one would grab them, but they are all on the website. I have been watching them through and am now at the start of season seven.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/hill-street-blues/episode-guide

If they could be grabbed, perhaps they could be made into AVIs. I agree that they are nowhere near DVD quality.

That's strange. It is usually the other way round! :D Thanks for reporting it, Throw.

I suppose it depends on whether the episodes can be grabbed. Unlike some videos, it doesn't seem possible to pause each one, wait for the whole of it to load, and play it through: you have to watch the video as it streams. Presumably this is in some way meant to prevent people from copying the videos.

The first two seasons of what is arguably the greatest cop show ever are commercially available on DVD, but the rest are not. Owing to poor sales, the remaining seasons might never be released. They can be viewed for free on Channel 4's website, but if they are ever taken down, most of this wonderful show might be lost.

This would be a tragedy in my opinion. Hill Street Blues influenced many other shows, and is arguably a piece of television history.

The quality of episodes on the website is not great - it is approximately VHS quality - but it is watchable. Is this a possible preservation project?

I mean seasons three to seven. One and two are commercially available.

Which series you talking about?

Yea i know what show it is, just wanted to know which series :p

40D only has 5-7, i doubt they be any good converting to DVD even if you grab them, how would one go about that?

AvP said:
I tryed that but no luck.

I had no luck either. Thanks for your efforts, guys! I hope there's a hack. There must be some way of capturing these files.

try Orbit Downloader. I resort to it sometimes when other methods fail

I tryed that but no luck.

yuck. the only other thing I can suggest is a screen recorder. Camtasia is my preferred software. You can record to lagarith.

I dont have a sound card installed, so thats not an option.

:( sorry, I would help, but I can't view the videos.

They must be some kind of hack, i got one for bbciplayer.

Captain, if you want to take this on sometime, and we can't figure out how to DL them, I can easily walk you through my screen capture method.

I appreciate it, Throw. Downloading would definitely be preferable, but I would be prepared to take this on, if downloading is not possible.

Back
Top Bottom