• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Highlander North American Theatrical Cut

zinjo

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Is anyone working on a Highlander theatrical cut?

The "Director's Cut" is the current defacto cut for all Highlander releases... :mad:

Yes the DC was the original Euro release but that isn't the release that made it a hit in the US market and its the US cut that I and I know many others still seek...

However I believe the US theatrical release was the first version of the DVD release back in 1996, but that hasn't been in print since the DC version came out.

I was wondering if this might be in the works or if anyone would be willing to take the project on?

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well if it was released then theres no need.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Agreed, if it has been released in Europe, just buy the European disc. Otherwise its just piracy.

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I think this should be in customs.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
is the theatrical different? and has the theatrical had a proper release?

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
From what I can see here http://www.dvdcompare.net/comparisons/film.php?fid=543 the US theatrical cut was never released, at least not on DVD. They've got the Director's Cut, which is apparently the same as the European theatrical cut, the European theatrical cut and a French theatrical cut.

And according to the IMDB the Director's Cut is the original cut of the film.

Eight minutes of footage was removed from the original American theatrical release. The original version of the film was not released in America until 1996, with the "10th Anniversary Director's Cut" DVD. All subsequent DVD releases have included the director's cut. Among the footage removed: The opening flashbacks to Scotland as Connor sits in the stadium, Fasil doing back flips in the parking garage, Connor's first wife saying goodbye to him as he rides off into battle, Connor lying on the ground in agony after being stabbed by the Kurgan, and a flashback to World War II with Connor rescuing a young Rachel. In addition, the scene in which Connor is driven away from his village was trimmed, removing the head butts and the more violent punches and kicks.

Looking at the Alternate Versions page on IMDB it says that there are some differences in dialogue between the Director's Cut and the European cut. They also say that the French theatrical cut is basically the same as the US theatrical cut except that it adds in a WWII flashback and removes a shot of Detective Bledsoe in his car while on a stakeout.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091203/alternateversions

Top Bottom