• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Highlander 2 Renegade: Serious Edition

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
what kind of fanedit (true fanedit = TF, extended edition = EE, special collection & preservation = SP): TF

tagline: There should of been only one...

original film name: Highlander 2 Renegade: Special Edition
new film name : Highlander 2 Renegade: Serious Edition
film studio name :
edit crew name : nOmArch
Date Original Film Was Released : 1 November 1991
Date Edit Was Released : 29 April 2007
Original Runtime : 108 Mins
New Runtime : 104 Mins
Cuts removed/added/extended : 1 min added/ 5 mins removed

SCENES CUT/TRIMMED/EDITED

1 Removed Katana complaining about the sentencing of Connor and Ramirez

2 Removed most of dialogue with two henchmen now they are told to go to earth and kill Connor then they leave with no silly laughing.

3 Removed more more laughing when two henchmen find Connor and joined the 'MaCleod' line to what was left to flesh it out slightly also removed the 'lucky guess' line as it is now redundent.

4 Removed dumb and whiney 'let me have him, but i want him, its my turn' lines

5 Removed closeup of henchman laughing after shooting at Connor on metal stairs.

6 Removed police car arriving and then being blown up by 1 shot from henchmans gun and more laughing. makes fight scene flow much better

7 Removed a small laughing scene after Connor gets hit by the back of the truck. didnt remove all the laughter as henchman thinks Connor is dead so is justified in laughing a little bit. also helps with continuity a bit.

8 Removed stupid comedy scene where tramp asks for a light from flying henchman and gets blown to smithereens.

9 Removed 'shithead' from Ramirez's 'farewall shithead' line.

10 Removed Connor/Louise sex scene it now looks like they just kiss.

11 Removed another shithead line after a punk congratulates ramirez on his 'threads'

12 Removed the 'Psychic Cook' TV ad.

13 removed Katanas 'this sure doesn't look like kansas' line and the silly split screen tv/Katana shot of the punk looking at him. now Katana just looks at the punk and then grabs him.

14 subway train sequence heavily cut to slow it down to a more sensible speed ie 140mph, all scenes of people flying around in the coach have been removed. (really really pleased with how this came out)

15 Taxi scene heavily edited to remove stupid/redundent dialogue

16 Drunk woman and plane safety video removed.

17 Removed Ramirez's introduction line from the MAX entrance. now Connor just asks which direction vegas is.

18 removed Louises 'outstanding' line after Katana is run over, it was just plain dumb.

19 Removed the 'always play the favourite' line cos again it was stupid.

20 Removed Katanas 'then again maybe not' line after killing David Blake. He wouldnt of cared what Blake thought.

SCENES ADDED

the Connor/Louise/soldier fight on the way to the control room.

Fanedit details (please add here details about DVD contents as well as video and audio information):

Sources Used: Highlander 2: The Quickening, Highlander 2: Renegade Special Edition

Audio is AC3 5.1.
Static Menu

Extras

Edit INfo
Scene Selection

Your intention for this fanedit:

To make this a more serious and less annoying edit of HL2 Renegade

Your way to achieve your intention:

Insert scene from HighLander 2: The quickening
remove as much silly/comedy stuff as possible

Hardware and software information (waht did you use to create your fanedit):

VirtualDubMOd 1.5
Womble MPEG Video Wizard
DVDLab Pro 2
Nero 6

Additional Comment:

This is my first effort, please be kind :)

Time needed for the edition: ABout 8 hours

persons involved: 1

Additional information links:

Maybe downloadable from info

I never did understand that sex scene. How much of a whore do you have to be to have sex with a guy like 15 seconds after meeting him?

indeed, it was a little silly, give me the scene from HL3 anyday of the week ;)

to be honest i dont think any amount of editing could save this, ahem, movie and i just used it as an excuse to learn the basics.

i think i could of done a couple of the cuts a little better but considering what iw as working with i think i did a pretty good job. also i really need to learn about sound editing/remixing/insertion/crossfading as that would help a LOT in one of two sections. you'll probably hear when you see it where i did a bit of editing on the sound ie could of been done better but as its my first effort im overall happy with the result.

i'd appreciate your feedback if/when you do see it!!

beckmen said:
I never did understand that sex scene. How much of a whore do you have to be to have sex with a guy like 15 seconds after meeting him?

:lol: LOL HAHHAHA yeh, ol' Connor musta been wearing that phermone spray i keep hearing about! Haha

I can see it now:

Highlander 2 deleted scene -

Connor (talking to himself) : Wow, that lady is fine. If she is going to have sex with someone, it must be me! (Sprays phermones on shirt) There can be only one!

nOmArch, i think it's safe to say that we've all had to go through learning sound blending. It's a painful, but essential skill in fan cutting. I'm sure you'll get better and it'll become second nature. 8)

DVD went off to Boon today, hopefully should be available in a week or so.

hmmm...can't wait!

boon got the dvd today so it'll be available for rapidshare download sometime in the near future!

Just to let everyone know, Version 2 has gone out to Boon and AvP today. the sound issues have been fixed and i have rebuilt the menus as the original were, to be honest, crap.

Beckman Writes:

I Think I Understand What That Sex Scene meant. Virginia thinks Connor is so God-like after being aged backwards and returned to immortality that she tried to be Mary to Martin Scorsese's Jesus. Now let's hear how the director of the original product (not to mention Renegade) explains their meaning????

Back
Top Bottom