• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

HIDDEN FRONTIER--End of an Era

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Okay fellow Trekkers,
the longest running Trek Fan Series is coming to an end.

September 17th is the release date for the final epic, a nearly 3 hour movie wrapping up most of the story threads in the Hidden Frontier Universe, including Odyssey, Helena, and Federation One.

I have greatly enjoyed this series, it has evolved exponentially over the last 11 years.
And while the acting, costumes and such may have been at times challenging,
the ideas and writing were always top notch and worthy of the Star Trek legacy.
So enjoy it when it comes out because that is all there is in the live action format.

here's the trailer...

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Jesus... THREE HOURS?

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks for the update Bob. I've been looking forward to this!

searcher

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well its a shame to see it go, although I confess I thought that they went overboard sometimes with so many gay characters. But there stories were very entertaining.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A bit more news....
It sounds like the initial release on Sept. 17th will be on YOUTUBE,
with a downloadable .MOV file made available at a later date.

DANLAV05

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Star Trek TNG Season 7 is out on blu-ray this month, so how better to follow up than to watch Hidden Frontier from the beginning again; remastered!!

Expect the rest of the series shortly!

asterixsmeagol

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've been meaning to watch Hidden Frontier for years but never got around to it. What do you guys think of it and its spin offs? Is the whole franchise over or just the main series? I know this question is probably years past due .

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
asterixsmeagol said:
I've been meaning to watch Hidden Frontier for years but never got around to it. What do you guys think of it and its spin offs? Is the whole franchise over or just the main series? I know this question is probably years past due .

In terms of writing, story and expansion of the TNG Universe, the fan series is excellent.

As for acting and production values.... I enjoy it for what it is but I know many do not care for it.

asterixsmeagol

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've been trying to get on hiddenfrontier.com all week with no success. Does anybody know what's up with their site?

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
asterixsmeagol said:
I've been trying to get on hiddenfrontier.com all week with no success. Does anybody know what's up with their site?

Try their Youtube channel. It has the newest Remasterd stuff.
https://www.youtube.com/user/HiddenFrontier

While there, check out their FRONTIER GUARD series... it has a fun Buck Rogers element to it. :)

asterixsmeagol

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'll check it out. I have the Vimeo page bookmarked. I'm working on downloading everything (including the audio episodes) in case they ever get taken down. I got bitten on that with one of my favorite audio series, Star Trek: Defiant.

asterixsmeagol

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I was able to find an RSS feed with all of their audio releases so I just went ahead and downloaded them all from there.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A little doc about the origins of one of the first ongoing Star Trek fan series HIDDEN FRONTIER....

http://https://vimeo.com/224829869[/video]

Top Bottom