• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Hi-Res Movie Poster Art

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Since we don't have a section for Custom DVD Ideas I might as well post this here.

For some reason when they were making the 20th Anniversary DVD of Child's Play they decided to leave the film's director, Tom Holland, out of it. Icons Of Fright contacted him and asked him if he'd be interested in recording a commentary track for them and he agreed. The commentary track is available for free on the Icons Of Fright website in .mp3 form so when I learned of this, and having bought the DVD the day it came out, I got the idea to make a custom DVD with the director's commentary included. I have yet to start work on this but I am planning it. I don't know if I'm going to include any other extras or if I'm just going to remove the movie's audio track and have the commentary track be the only audio but when I get to that stage I'll post updates. Just wanted to get that out there for now.

As a side note how about adding a Custom DVD Ideas section to go along with the Preservation Ideas section?

joebshmoe

Reaction score
Trophy Points
would be great to add this to dark jedi's HD2DVD (5.1 audio) project

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
If you have the HD2DVD of this film and would be willing to do the work let me know and I'll give you the link as to where you can download the commentary track. Unless you know where I could download the HD2DVD release then I could do it. The 20th Anniversary release does have 5.1 audio though so it would just be the picture that would be improved, nothing wrong with that :D , but like I said I'm not sure if I'm going to add the commentary track as a second audio track or remove the movie's audio and just have it come with the commentary track.

On a related noted I also found 2 different commentary tracks by Tom Holland, along with different members of the cast and crew, for the film Fright Night. I might just have to go out and buy it so I could customize that one with both commentary tracks as well.

L8wrtr

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Two questions

1) Has anyone created templates for GIMP?

2) The library that was pointed to for awesome images (like say raw SW poster art) seem to be disabled? Are they no longer available or just moved?

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Top Bottom