• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Here is a small tutorial on how to make accurate film grain with a film grain layer

I thinks all grains were not born equal. Plus there is another factor, how we perceive it. Depending on what scene are we looking at. Is it a flat wall, a rocky surface, a sand beach... It will alter our perception.
What film was used can also alter our perception, so comparing two scenes from two movies, from two different era could affect our perception as well.
I found this article that describes it well. It is a bit technical but not a very long one. Notice the first picture in it. At first glance, for me at least, it seems like there are the same amount of grain in the light area than in the dark ones. BUT, zoom in as much as possible on the area where the light bulbs are and you'll see less grain the closer you are to the point of origin of the light, which is the brightest and the most white.
It is subtle I'll admit that. And goes to show that real natural grain is not just a uniform layer of grain.
All right, im done pushing my glasses up with my index finger🤓

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom