• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Helpful Links

casualimp

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
There are several places one can go to get some great covers, poster art and other resources to start you off in the custom cover hobby. I'll post links and brief descriptions here. Keep in mind some cover sites online due charge (whether credit based or access based) however I'll recommend the best quality sites for your value.

casualimp

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
COVER SITES:

Replace the Case

Formally known as Dagon's Den, which is a site that opened after the downfall of DVD Cover Art, you won't find a better place for high quality customs online. This site is on a credit or subscription service.

R1DB

Very similar to the above in quality, plus a great range of resources and converts from scanned material. This site is on a credit based service.

Generetic

Huge community and you can find almost anything, however lower in quality than the above sites. This is a pay per service or you can be granted access if you contribute.

Euphoric FX

A free site (for now), they offer a little bit of everything. Not a huge community, but if you're starting out, they are very helpful. Paint Shop Pro users, this is your best site for cover tutorials.

Rix Grafix

Ric Easton is one of the best cover creators out there and his site showcases his amazing work with flare. He offers his downloads free.

casualimp

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
HI-RES POSTERS

Movie Poster Database

A good site for some rare posters around the world. May contain cover art fronts from other artists so beware. Another credit based site.

Outnow.ch

This Swiss site has a lot of great posters from around the world. Some can be a bit small in size, but they can always be used as back cover art. You need to register with them, but it's free.

Rotten Tomatoes

Not only a valuable source for film reviews, sometimes you can find some hi-res stills to movies by clicking on the photo section.

JoBlo

If you're really in need of something, wallpapers can be of use. JoBlo's movie wallpapers are pretty good to get the job done for back images. Make sure to choose the highest resolution size.

casualimp

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Here is your one stop shop for logo's on the internet. All the files on this site are vector based so you can resize without losing quality. Many have been recreated by various people and are very useful. Be sure to scroll to the bottom of the page for a search box to avoid buying the CD (although I've no doubt it's worth the money).

http://www.brandsoftheworld.com

Cassidy

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Is there a space where I can put my templates & tools?

casualimp

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
You bet! Whether you want it here or in a new thread. I can always put it up as a sticky. I've got all access. :)

Cassidy

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
casualimp said:
You bet! Whether you want it here or in a new thread. I can always put it up as a sticky. I've got all access. :)

Do you have a space to host them, that way they could be directly downloaded here, rather than Rapidshare?

It might be neat if everyone could get all of the logos/templates etc from one spot here, rather than DL'ing from Rapidshare which would eventually expire....just an idea.

casualimp

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
And a good one at that. I've got a load of logos I could zip up and add here. I wasn't certain about adding the studio templates as I got them from the pay sites and it would be rude to do so considering all the hard work other people put into them. As for file hosting other than rapidshare, I'm not sure. Maybe Boon would be kind enough to host them. The images as you said can be hosted on image shack.

Cassidy

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Good call. I wonder if we could torrent them too?

Daniel

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm going to make a detailed page about cover arts, some time, but I've uploaded my source material here:

http://plamdi.deviantart.com/

Ie the material I prepared, not the material I started with. So they're perfect for anyone else to use - as they don't contain any logos or text like my final covers do (except for the ESB one where the logo was a part of the original poster). Some of the other material I'll upload to my site once I've done a page on it.

I also created full PDF manuals for Monkey1 and Monkey2 (and I should update the one's on my site, lol, as I've fixed more errors in it now - the only one I haven't is the discrepancy between the text-based item inventory and the graphical one; lol, yes I have an eye for detail). Those are at http://plamdi.com/wotc/tales.htm and the star wars covers are at http://plamdi.com/movies/swcovers.htm. Although that may seem entirely unrelated, it is very similar process to creating covers; and one that helps give perspective as well.

T-HOPE

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
casualimp said:
HI-RES POSTERS

Movie Poster Database

A good site for some rare posters around the world. May contain cover art fronts from other artists so beware. Another credit based site.

I just registered, but I can't find how I do get credits so I can download the posters.

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
will this do...

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Google now has an option to limit results to "Extra Large Images" This is a nice thing for finding images for covers.

Daniel

Reaction score
Trophy Points
True, but I often find Altavista better for finding images.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
i have never used altavista for images, only audio clips. I will have to give it a try next time

Top Bottom