• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Help with My New Edit!!!

5acrifice

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hey, I am currently working on a new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Film using the first five episodes of the short lived live action Turtles series "Ninja Turtles: Next Mutation".

First off big thanks to Boon for pointing me in the direction of Ulead Mediastudio for the pan & scanning.

I am making a two disc set which will be simply titled Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 4 - The Next Mutation. The set will include the film, a trailer, a VHS rip of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Coming out of their Shells Tour and a making of for that.

I already have everything needed.

I am currently cutting the video and kinda piecing it together slowly. I was wondering if after this I should use the programs audio editor and how exactly to do that. Also, how do I export the video while keeping the file size average of an 1 and a half video whilst keeping the quality top notch. Thanks in advance!!

I plan to keep this topic udpated as I go along. First video, then audio, then creating the 5.1 mix (planning to use Vegas) and then putting it altogether on two dvds.

- 5acrifice

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
to keep the quality for video envoding top nothc, use a frameserver:
http://www.debugmode.com/frameserver/usage.php
and serve via avisynth to CCE ot TMPG.
I never use the Audio Editor of Ulead although it is supposed to be good. 90% of my audio editing is doen in ULEAD MEDIA STUDIO, 10% are Adobe Audition, but only to insert it into Ulead Media Studio again and save the wav from there.
Next steps for the audio would be to normalize it and then turn it into ac-3 with either besweet or if you have it Vegas.

5acrifice

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hi again, I have finished the video (all I have left is to drop in my opening and ending credits.

boon23 said:
to keep the quality for video envoding top nothc, use a frameserver:
http://www.debugmode.com/frameserver/usage.php
and serve via avisynth to CCE ot TMPG.
I never use the Audio Editor of Ulead although it is supposed to be good. 90% of my audio editing is doen in ULEAD MEDIA STUDIO, 10% are Adobe Audition, but only to insert it into Ulead Media Studio again and save the wav from there.
Next steps for the audio would be to normalize it and then turn it into ac-3 with either besweet or if you have it Vegas.

Once again thanks Boon but I am still a little lost. First off, I meant that how do I go about using the Audio Editor in Ulead MediaStudio, not Ulead's #1 audio software or whatever. Do I just export the movie and then open it in the audio editor? Also, I have no clue what frameserving in avisynth is or means. If you could clue me in that would be cool. I plan to get Sony Vegas and upmix to 5.1. Thanks again!!

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
What I meant was, that I don't use the audio editor of Ulead ever, but for sure it is a nice piece opf software.
For audio editing I use the video editor of Ulead too, it works perfectly. Then of course you can upgrade to 5.1 with Vegas.
frameserving means the video output to .m2v (which is the video part of an mpg) is done with a different program than ULEAD's own encoder, but with a high quality encoder like CCE or TMPG. The frameserver serves frame by frame via avisynth to the encoding program to grant you the highest possible video quality output.
Most faneditors use very high constant bitrates for encoding to get sufficient quality and then shrink with DVD shrink, but I absolutely cannot recommend that technique. the less you encode the better the quality.

5acrifice

Reaction score
Trophy Points
boon23 said:
What I meant was, that I don't use the audio editor of Ulead ever, but for sure it is a nice piece opf software.
For audio editing I use the video editor of Ulead too, it works perfectly. Then of course you can upgrade to 5.1 with Vegas.
frameserving means the video output to .m2v (which is the video part of an mpg) is done with a different program than ULEAD's own encoder, but with a high quality encoder like CCE or TMPG. The frameserver serves frame by frame via avisynth to the encoding program to grant you the highest possible video quality output.
Most faneditors use very high constant bitrates for encoding to get sufficient quality and then shrink with DVD shrink, but I absolutely cannot recommend that technique. the less you encode the better the quality.

So are you saying I should use avisynth or that i should export it with out frameserving?

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ehm, no.
You can only export it via frameserve.
install the debug framserver and you will get a new option in Ulead to encode your video.
this will create an avs script, which can can be read by tmpg or CCE.
(avisynth always works in the background)

5acrifice

Reaction score
Trophy Points
boon23 said:
ehm, no.
You can only export it via frameserve.
install the debug framserver and you will get a new option in Ulead to encode your video.
this will create an avs script, which can can be read by tmpg or CCE.
(avisynth always works in the background)

Thanks Boon!!

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points

5acrifice

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I might as well ask now while you are still on. After I export the video and I am happy with the quality and I get the 5.1 mix, what software do you suggest I use to author the DVD? I was going to use Ulead DVD Workshop but when I see the preview video it makes the films look horrible. I am afraid to author a disc with it because it may just look like ish.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
DVD Lab Pro is the way to go. It offers about anything you can want from a DVD.

Top Bottom