• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

help with backing up BDMV folder with PavTube

scrapesky

Reaction score
Trophy Points
im trying to make a back up of my personal Blu Ray collection, and have just bought some 50gb blank Blu Ray Discs. I use PavTube as I'm sure most Mac users do, but i choose "directly copy", and it does nothing but select and download every .m2ts file. i know which .m2ts file the movie is on, but when i put it in Toast 10 Titanium as a blu ray project (not a BDMV Folder) it drops from 39.5gb to 700 some odd mb. im stuck here. so if i decide to just burn the .m2ts not the BDMV folder to BD will it play in my Sony Bravia Blu Ray Standalone Player? i am writing such a long paragraph because i do not want to shrink the quality or put it on DVD. i was also wondering is there a way to add several individual .m2ts files to a Blu Ray disc using Toast 10 Titanium, or does there have to be a BDMV Folder?

ANY HELP IN THIS MATTER WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!
~scrapesky

Hi scrapesky,

i would suggest checking out "makemkv" which is despite the name, can also rip 1:1 copies of BDs to your hard drive. I would have to fire it up to see if there is a create disc image option (as opposed to a BDMV folder) but if there is, you should then be able to use the built in disc utilities on the Mac to burn that image to your blank BD. it is also free right now, as it is still in "beta" mode (but it's been like that for ages and is very stable)

another issue might be is that you don't have the HD plugin for Toast, which is required for HD related functionality (I'm pretty sure disc copying is one of them). Since you are creating a BD project that doesn't seem to be the issue though.

Also, regarding Toast, you don't want to create a new BD project as that makes toast assume you want to encode material to a BD. Toast has options to make copies of discs and that's the way you'd want to do it, I believe. Check the user manual of Toast, it does explain how to use that option, though I haven't done it yet myself.

Regarding your first route, in PavTube, does it let you create an image file as an option? I don't have that software so can't help you there. But if you can, then you can again just use the built in disc utility to burn the image to a blank BD without using Toast.

i extracted the specific .m2ts file i needed, and used Toast 10 Titanium & saved it as an image file (.iso). after that, simply burned the .m2ts>.iso as an Image file on BD-R, and boom. worked first time perfectly. i just need a Mac program i can extract the entire BDMV folder to burn now. any and all suggestions welcome please! Thank You!

I'm not 100% following you. What exactly does the .iso image you created via Toast have on it? Are you trying to create a BDMV folder from that, or is there a BDMV folder already on the iso?

i extracted the certain .m2ts file from the batch, such as a dvd has .vob files. well, i extracted the .m2ts that contained the movie on it, then ran it through Toast 10 Titanium with HD/BR plug in and saved it as a image (.iso), then burned the iso file as an image to the BD-R DL and it only contains the movie. i am looking for a way to extract the entire BDMV folder so i can create my own previews,menus,etc. i did it once with a film i just altered the files in the BDMV folder with different files,etc. i just need a way to snag the entire BDMV folder from some Mac program. i use Pavtube for now.

How about contacting the vendor of PavTube and/or Toast for tech support? Or use one of their forums? I think this question is more about backing up data at this point (and using their software), and though I'd help you if I could, I think I am out of ideas at the moment. Sorry!

Back
Top Bottom