• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

Help - Render settings changing color

Stepstone

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've been doing my first edit for a while now but have hit a snag. I completed my first rough edit and rendered as mpeg2 and it turned out darker than the original. What did I do wrong? It's a PAL project, working from a Lagarith avi if that makes any difference.

The edit actually might suit the darker image, but I'd like to know why it turned out this way.

EDIT - Here's images of my project/render settings

Forgot to mention. It wouldn't render with 5.1either, just 2.0.

Did someone change my thread title? I could have sworn I put typed it HELP! Render / Project settings.

The render is turning out slightly darker, not changing colour. So the title may be a little misleading.

Anyway, if anyone with Vegas experience could help out.

Just noticed at the bottom of the post that it was indeed edited. And I meant to edit the last post, not reply. It's been a long nights work and I'm knackered. Time for bed.

Yes, I changed it. "Project settings" was misleading. Darkness is still color. One of the biggest problems with the technical section is uninformative titles. so many people write: "NEED HELP FAST." Sorry, but that ain't going to get help.

You probably have an issue going from YUV -> RGB -> YUV. I suggest rendering to lagarith from Vegas using the same settings as you created the lagarith AVI with. This will allow you to use a (better) external encoder to render to DVD.

Back
Top Bottom