• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Help Downgrading firmware on external UHD friendly drive

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
So, I purchased a drive today after reading that it was UHD friendly. It turns out it needs some work to get it to read UHD discs. I'm attempting to do some research and wanted to see if anyone already has the expertise on how to accomplish this. I found this post in the DVDFab forums that makes me hopeful that I can accomplish this.

Model: Archgon MD-8107-U3

Previous user said they used a patched LG Flasher utility to cross-flash the drive from firmware version U100 to version 1.03
Then they used a UHD Drive Tool to downgrade the firmware from version 1.03 to version 1.00 to make it support UHD.

Anyone have a simplified guide on how to do this? Much thanks in advance!

Top Bottom