• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

Help Creating Subtitles

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Creating subtitles seems like it should be a pretty simple thing, but it's got me stumped. I've been able to create text but I can't figure out how to overlay it onto the video (it replaces the video instead).

Halp?

create a new video track on top of your movie video track. the text goes in that track and it will overlay onto your video

lol, I knew there would be an easy answer. Thanks :)

Is there a general standard for font type or font size?

Thanks, I'll check it out.

Granklin Gothic Demi Bold is a good one. It is a really good idea to go with a more standard font for subtitles. - We are really used to seeing this in feature films, and 99% of them are usually some plainish sans-serif font (like franklin gothic). Anything too styled usually sticks out like a sore thumb and looks strange (take War of the Stars for example. No offense to TMBTM, but I would have never used the Star Jedi font for subtitles)

I couldn't find Franklin Gothic Demi Bold ( or "Granklin," lol)...the only one I have is Franklin Gothic Medium. And 69 point is gigantic. I tried 20 point, it seems to look reasonable. I'll post a test clip a little later and maybe I can get some feedback.

Thanks Brumous. I tried it out, and I actually liked Franklin medium better....

Back
Top Bottom