• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Hellblazer

tranzor

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I like the original Constantine film. However Jorge has made a very nice and alternate version of the film that in my opinion succeeds the original.

Most of what I was going to say has already been stated by the posters above. So read their reviews and then get this edit.

PS his killbillX edit is also another disc you should get your hands on :)

Remixed by Jorge

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
thanks a bunch tranzor! Heck, i didnt know anyone was even aware of KILLBILLX anymore. That was my original baby and dear and near to my heart. domo arigato! (you said domo!)

And for all those REMIXMANIACS out there, I have been laying low for the past few months, (Hulk Smash!) but I have not been idle.
stay tuned for some more remixes... COMING SOON!...

Heinrich

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have this edit for months but now i finally saw it. and what can I say...

It is absolutely brilliant!

That is one of the best (if not the best) fanedit I ever saw!

Remixed by Jorge - and a remix it was! Jorge took the raw material (the original movie) and built a completely new movie with a completely different tone and a better pacing. it is now centered around John.

Watching the original at the theatre I had the same problems with it as most other hellblazer fans. It just felt like the big budget attempt to assimilate (not adapt) a great comic book and make a rather dissappointing movie of it. There was just too much that didn?t belong in it. The spirit was gone.

Now Jorge couldn?t turn Keanu into an english bloke (as it was meant to be) and yes he still uses the embarassing gun but ?Hellblazer? the movie felt much more like the comic books.

This fanedit wasn?t about taking out a scene here and making another scene shorter. Pretty much was completely rearranged without having the feeling to watch some handicrafted 35minutes something (like another of those ?give me all death scenes of ?putslashermovienamehere? in twenty minutes).

NO. This edit feels like really good work by somebody who knows his tools and (most important) knows what he?s doing.

I bow to the immense amount of absolute target-oriented creativity which was put into this edit.

So we have final numbers that go as follows:

video: 5 of 5
topnotch quality, no errors, glitches whatsoever)

audio: 4 of 5
good audio, no errors noticed although I like my edits nowaddays in 5.1

fanediting: 5 of 5 + 1 resulting in a total 6 of 5
(the one extra point came from the off topic moderating team after a few hours of discussion)
I watched an absolute masterpiece of the fanediting art. Everybody who thinks about doing a fanedit should watch this movie to see what is possible and how heavily a movie can be changed to its own good.

Thanks KBM for giving me great evening entertainment. The only reason I?ll consider to pull out the original from the shelve is to show somebody the difference to the fanedit...

... oh and: nice job on this disco scene with the subtitles - great idea!

...and I still hate it that JC quits smoking. Too bad that you couldn?t do anything about that...

my wishlist for the revised version:

1. 5.1 audio
2. english subtitles
:)

Remixed by Jorge

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
wow Heinrich, thank you so much. I'm glad you enjoyed it.
but tell me, isn't the off topic moderating team just you? :p

maybe I should re-release as a movie-only avi.

messenjah14

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
killbillme said:
YES!

I'm the only person in the world who likes the original Constantine, and I would definately like to see this.

Heinrich

Reaction score
Trophy Points
killbillme said:
but tell me, isn't the off topic moderating team just you? :p

well...yes but i was so excited about the edit i had to put up some imaginary moderators for justification of the bonus point

killbillme said:

please don?t. don?t take away the nice dvd surrounding. It?s loveable! If you want to lay your hands on this edit once more put in surround sound and subs.

that?s an order!

...I mean : ?please, please, please. your german fans want it!!!?

Heinrich

Reaction score
Trophy Points
messenjah14 said:
I'm the only person in the world who likes the original Constantine, and I would definately like to see this.

although i was disappointed with the original i enjoyed it nevertheless. it wasn?t what i wanted it to be but i still was rather satisfied when i left the theatre.

but messenjah, see this edit now and like it better! believe me it tops constantine on almost every level! go for the dvd (because that?s the real deal) and quit whining for avi...

:)

messenjah14

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I can't dl the dvd, unless I can get it via a torrent, which appears to be impossible atm. And anyhow, I don't have 5.1 speakers anywhere :grin:

sladetwc

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I went to see Constantine in the theaters, not really knowing the Hellblazer story from the comics. I left the theater feeling like I hadn't wasted my time.

But when I found this community, the first edit I really wanted was the Hellblazer edit.

Boy, am I glad I got it. I immediately retired the Constantine disc, and put Hellblazer in its place. It created a version of the movie I didn't even know I wanted until I saw it.

Overall rating: 4.5/5 (Only thing that I didn't like was the quality of the deleted scenes, but again, not Jorge's fault.)

Mollo

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
HELLBLAZER by Jorge

I did not mind the original theatrical cut yet nothing really stayed with me. Reeves and Weisz are charismatic actors so the experience was enjoyable and far from boring.

Jorge is one of my favorite FanEditors. Rather than simply correcting movies, he tries to inject a new narrative and his FanEdits are always challenging, seamless and exceptionally professional. He also has a great talent for creating striking titles.

So I watched Hellblazer and was impressed yet again with this editing wizard. This version is hands-down better than the original and I missed absolutely nothing from the Theatrical cut.
I liked the addition of Constantine having a demon F**k-Buddy and this added depth to a later scene where we see her again.

This FanEdit proves the possibilities of this medium because Jorge has produced something with far more subtelty and depth than the original incarnation. It is hard to comment on any changes in particular because the editing and sound design are so flawless that they are not noticeable so the FanEdit feels at one with itself.

Well Done and Keep Them Coming!

DevilGirl.jpg

Top Bottom