• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Hellblazer

DoctorM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Indeed, this is a great edit and the sex scene works well.
It helps integrate the deleted character. Otherwise you wouldn't understand why he has a soft spot for her.

As far as the subtitled scene, that's fine too. I've seen films with scenes in clubs where they subtitle the characters because the music is too loud. I had no problem accepting it here.

I didn't care for the difference in quality of the deleted scenes (or the changes in audio levels), but we've all been there. Necessary evil.
All we can hope for is a better official DVD with this material (maybe they'll release an extended edition.)

Funny thing, I had figured we'd get an explanation of when he is surrounded by the winged demons. It always confused me and I finally dug up the answer.

For those that don't understand the cloth on fire killing them, it's from a cut bit just after he gets the dragon's breath from Beeman:
Whoa, don't want to get a flame near this.
Piece of the shroud Moses wore to
the mountain.

That would have helped. 2 lines and you fill a plot hole. Who cuts these films????

Anyway thanks for the great edit.

Zebedee

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Watched this yesterday and really enjoyed thsi edit, thought it flowed well and would be in agreement with the last two comments that the sex scene worked. Only observation would be that the subtitles used in the bar scene were on the rather large size, but anyway, good work!

jason600

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hellblazer remixed by Jorge

This is the first FanEdit that I have watched. I am a big fan of the Hellblazer comics, and was extremely disappointed with the original film.

Jorge has done an amazing job of editing this film, a lot of the things that annoyed me with the original are gone, and by focusing on John throughout the film it makes it a much more watchable and interesting experience. The story now draws you in, in a way the original never did. It has a much darker, more serious feel to it. It?s just a shame that the deleted scenes Jorge has used were of a poorer quality than the rest of the film.

Jorge has done what I previously considered impossible, he has taken a crap film called ?Constatine? and turned it into a great film called ?Hellblazer?.

My rating of the original: 4/10
My rating of this FanEdit: 8/10

DragonAngel

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I actually kind of liked the original, but I missed absolutely nothing that Jorge cut in this version. The stuff about the staff wasn't important. Adding in him having sex with the demon, that was important. (At least I don't recall that being in the original.) I think this version is better than the original. If forced to give a rating I'd give it a 4 or 5 out of 5.

If I watch the movie again, it will be this version.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
If I watch the movie again, it will be this version.
best possible compliment to a faneditor.

DoctorM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I think we all agree this was a fine edit. Definitely superior to the theatrical cut.
You never feel like anything is missing, which is just great.

Remixed by Jorge

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thank you guys.

This is the only payment us faneditors receive, so thank you again.

ultimatesquash

Reaction score
Trophy Points
been watching this havent finished yet. i really am enjoying it though. it seems to be more personal and like you said centres on constatine more. my only gripes are the unfortunate quality change in deleted material especially the bar scene and the subs in the bar scene seem kind of off character a little. i love the way it opened though it builds the film in the right way. i enjoyed constantine and hellblazer is great. i would have to flip a coin when i choose which edit to watch in the future. good work look forward to seeing your take on dark city when i get round to it (ounds nice).

DoctorM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I agree, I would have liked to see the quality cleaned up if possible.

Now that I think about it, the bar scene would work better if it was subbed like Night Watch (Russian movie) or Heroes (tv series) so it has more of a dynamic comic book feel to it.

Remixed by Jorge

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
thanks for the comment.
Sadly, there is not much I can do about the quality of the deleted scenes. there were no other choices so if you want to gripe, gripe to the studios.
Not sure what you mean about the subs being off character.

DoctorM, man, you're like a freakin pitbull. aren't you faneditng anything?, dontcha have a girlfriend to keep you busy? all right, I will get to a V.2 as soon as I finish the next fan edits in my list.

ultimatesquash

Reaction score
Trophy Points
sorry i mean out of character, like when constantine refers to the girls friends as 'mates' just didnt think it would be a term he would use. also i completely understand that the source material would have been lesser quality and the plus side is you've integrated it quite seemlessly the quality is only really the tell tell signs (sometimes i found myself wondering if certain bit were in the original or not). all round a good job please dont take offence on my focusing on negativity(especially since theres little to fault and mainly out of your hands).

DoctorM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Dude, no, it's ok, you don't have to do a v2 I really do love your edit.

I did not mean to dog you, it was just an idle thought.

It's one of my problems when I edit. A simple project spins hopelessly out of control...

Remixed by Jorge

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
no sweat US. And yes, the subtitles were very much out of character.
It's a tribute to the comic book HELLBLAZER. The dialogue was researched from several comic books. You see, in "Hellblazer: the comic book" John Constantine is a blonde bisexual of questionable morality born in Liverpool, England.

From Wikipedia: "In this adaptation, his origin story and talents were revised somewhat; he was recast as a bitter, cynical man who had been granted the power to see the half-demons and half-angels that secretly walk the Earth.

As well as giving him this superpower, the film completely changed his motivations. Rather than being a strident humanist with a complete disdain for both Heaven and Hell, the movie's Constantine was a Catholic whose only goal is to get into God's good graces by performing exorcisms; he successfully killed himself for two minutes when he was seventeen, and is now condemned to Hell unless he can perform a truly selfless good deed.

In one scene, Constantine pleads with the angel Gabriel to be let into Heaven, but in the comic upon which this scene was based, he only wanted to cure his cancer so that he could go on living. In the comic, Constantine has met and spoken with God on a number of occasions, with John addressing God in his usual flippant and irreverent tone.

In the comics, Constantine lives in a world where all the gods and their pantheons exist simultaneously, feeding off the beliefs of mortals. In this way, he can walk through the Christian Hell one month and talk to an Aztec God of death the next. However, the movie used an exclusively Judeo-Christian design for its version of the afterlife. It also meant that Constantine changed from being a magician into being a standard exorcist.

The film also changed Constantine's nationality from British to American, transplanted his base of operations from London to Los Angeles, and changed the pronunciation of his surname (which rhymes with "spleen" in the film, but is stated in the original comics as rhyming with "fine.")

So you see US, the subtitle scene was my only opportunity for the real Constantine (rhymes with fine) to be "heard".

DragonAngel

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I can see why the studio made those changes. Hollywood would never have been able to pull off a script with such a character and multiple gods

Remixed by Jorge

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Really DragonAngel? While I believe that Hollywood is chicken-hearted and they plan their movies to please the largest common denominator, I think they missed the boat with Constantine. The character in the comics is fresh and new and intriguing. The movie gave us a cynical, bitter chain smoking guy wearing a trenchcoat.
Not the most original of Hollywood's characters.

And thank you twistd101, you always know the right thing to say.

T-HOPE

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I finally saw it completely and I really enjoyed it. Great job Jorge!!!

Remixed by Jorge

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
muchas gracias T-master... but please don't waste your time watching my lousy fanedits and concentrate on finishing:
T-HOPE'S ULTIMATE TERMINATOR PROJECT!!!! :smile:

i can't wait.

T-HOPE

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I can't wait to finish it either, but those damn DVD Lab Pro 2 errors are delaying everything again.

Top Bottom