• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Heat - The Action Re-Edit by BOON23

ss4johnny

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Boon,
I loved the original version of Heat so I was a little skeptical watching this version. However, if I have like two hours to spare and not looking to concentrate (I think all of my friends always got bored with the original), this is a great version.

I like the version where De Niro dies, but thought the one where he lives would be better without the text. Just showing them driving would be good enough for me. Also, the Boston six months later does not fit if he flies to New Zealand. If you just show them driving and then did like Boston 6 months later and cut out the part where you see the shotgun at the front desk, then I would probably say that version is on par with the one where De Niro dies. Just a thought.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
yeah, I missed the darn shotgun, that's true :)

pioneers66

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I downloaded the movie Heat. I was anxious to see the new ending, 'MCCauley Lives'. However, at the end , he dies the same way he does in the other version option, "McCauley Dies'. What am I missing here?

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
My suspicion is that you are watching this from your computer and your software DVD player does not support seamless branching. You DVD player on the other hand should do that.
This DVD works like a music CD with a playlist. If you click on option 1, it plays 1-2 (Macauley dies), if you click on option 2, it plays 1-3 (Macauley lives).

pioneers66

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thank you for your quick reply. However, I was watching from a regular DVD player. Since i have 2 different DVD players, I'll try the other one, although I don't know why that would make a difference.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
well, thing is I have not yet received this comment, but there have been several thousand downloaders, so I assume, it works on their system like it works on mine... since they all have the exact same data.

pioneers66

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well, I wish i could say that a different DVD made a difference. It didn't. In either version, "McCauley lives", "McCauley Dies", it ends the same way as the orginal: Pacino shoots DeNiro three times and he dies while Pacino symbolically is holding his hand.This is the same ending, either way, and the same as the original. I still intend to watch the whole movie, however, I can't help but to express my disappointment. I was expecting to view this alternate ending. Perhaps you might consider sending me a copy of a DVD that actually shows the two different endings.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
your DVD has this as well. Did you jump through the chapters to see it? Because that is not working, or well, it kind of is working, but probably you will see first the one ending and then the other one.
Like I said, it comes in 3 parts:
1: movie except ending
2: Macauley lives
3: Macauley dies.

they will all play right after each other, if you do use the skip chapter function, as this spoils the playlists.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
this is now available through USENET (or newsgroups).
I will upload most of my fanedits there now, because there they are safe from deletion for at least 2 years. Download and upload are easy and super fast (but not free). Enjoy!

NZB should be on fanedit.info soon. Or you can search on binsearch or newzleech for "fanedit"

theregencyelf

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The one fatal flaw with HEAT was the subplot with Pacino's family. I downloaded the earlier "action" cut of Heat and found it lacking technically, but vastly improved in the plot department. Your cut was perfect. Bravo!

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Welcome to the forum, krom! :)

Since you are new here, you may have missed this little nugget from the General Rules:

Posts needs to be constructive. If you post, please try and make it count. Posts consisting of nothing, but "That sounds great!" or "I am looking forward to this" or the likes, should be kept to a minimum.

Thanks.

higgins

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Has anyone seen both this and the geKKo edition? The two endings aside, what's the difference?

theunbeholden

Reaction score
Trophy Points
boon23 said:
Maybe downloadable from info

So looking forward to this, I still have the original, but I didn't watch a second time because I felt there was to much plodding after the robbery. If you could PM me with info about this that would be great. Thanks in advance. Since your PM box is full, I have to get your attention this way by quoting you.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
C'mon theunbeholden, I can see from your post history that you've been shown the rules before, so don't break them again.

Also, boon almost never posts here anymore. Quoting him won't do you any good.

NewSpock

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Isn't all the plodding, the character-building, family-relations... what Heat is about and the robbery merely is the framework to allow them to interact and eventually collide with each other?

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I can't find it anywhere :(
Hi @marq_ , if you are looking for an edit and can't find it check out the Trades & Request guidelines in my signature. They can give you pointers ways to contact editors who may have this edit.

Top Bottom