• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Heat - The Action Re-Edit by BOON23

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
original film name: Heat
new film name : Heat - The Action Re-Cut
film studio name : Warner
edit crew name : CBB

Date Original Film Was Released : 1995
Date Edit Was Released : 05 MAR 2007

Original Runtime : 171 min
New Runtime : 108/120 min

Amount of time Cut/Added : 63/51 minutes cut

Cuts removed/added/extended :

1. - removed family scenes of Hanna (Pacino) (distracting and dragging)
2. - removed family scenes of Shiherlis (Kilmer) (distracting)
3. - removed Hanna talking to Albert (nice scene, nut unnecessary and a bit overacted by Pacino)
4. - removed Shiherlis sleeping at McCauley's (DeNiro) place, relationship and burglary talks (distracting and long and necessary because of the previous removals)
5. - removed McCauley spying on Shiherlis wife (Judd) (their relationship problems don't matter in this version)
6. - removed Hanna arriving at the discotheque (too long)
7. - left in the restaurant scene, where the gang meets, we finally get to see the families of them all (the scene is needed later on)
8. - removed Hanna ,his collegues and families in the bar (we are concentrating on the burglars)
9. - removed Hanna returning to his wife in the bar (the scene is great but it just does not fit to this edition)
10. - removed Breedan talking to his wife in the bar (too much detail for a supporting role)
11. - removed Hanna picking up his daughter (Portman) (unnecessary)
12. - removed Hanna in Las Vegas dealing with Marciano (Shiherlis wife has no affair in my edition, so this part just makes no sense
13. - removed Hanna talking to McCauley (essential removal for our edit. This meeting was supposed to be so great and it was oh so boring.)
14. - heavily cut the "they dumped our surveillance" scene to remove all referrals to scenes I removed
15. - removed Eady and Charlene Shiherlis packing
16. - cut wives of Cheritto (Sizemore) and Breedan (Haysbert) watching in the TV about the deaths of their husbands (Breedan's wife was cut before, the scene was too short for Cheritto's wife alone)
17. - a bit tricky: I made Allen a policemen, guiding Charlene into the safehouse:
18. - removed Charlene's surprised gasp, when she discovers the cops
19. - removed Charlene and Allen arguing
20. - had to unfortunately keep Drucker say : "well, he is right, if you want out, that is out." to cut that would have resulted in a bad looking cut. So it is better to assume someone said that before when we were not watching.
21. - removed splitting scenes of Hanna and his wife (strong scene, but not suitable for my edition)
22. - removed Allen from motivating Charlene to show herself. (Now that he is a policeman, it does not fit for him to be so emotionally involved, so he is just sitting there.)
23. - removed Hanna kicking the TV (there is no TV set in my edition)
24. - removed Hanna saving his suicidal daughter (she is not part of my edition at all)
and now for the custom finale:
25. - removed McCauley taking the bait, he does turn around to kill Waingro. He really is a pro, he knows, when something is wrong and he escapes
26. - added glow effect to black&white still picture with text for McCauley's escape, Hanna's career ending and Shiherlis' death
27. - removed all Hanna scenes from McCauley killing Waingro
28. - removed the phone call as room service (this was the setup from before, it cannot be the same hotel or room)
29. - removed all security for Waingro
30. - added glow effect to b&w still picture with text for Waingro's death.
31. - added music from SAW2 "Last I Heard", fading into "HEAT" theme
32. - added new end credits

Conceptual improvements/advancements of edit over original:
**************************INTRODUCTION********************************
When I watched Yoshimi's Action Edit of "HEAT", I was intrigued, because what I remembered as a total bore (I know this movie has lots of fans, but not me, sorry), was suddenly thrilling, suspenseful, interesting. The overall quality of the edit was bad, the picture was very grainy and several cuts were not executed well AND I didn't like the ending nor the most important scene of the movie, when Pacino and De Niro meet, because it feels hollow and empty to me. So I decided to once again go solo and create a fanedit project all by myself in redoing another already made fanedit. This time just in my way and I hope you will like it.

***************************THE EDIT**************************************
Like Yoshimi I deleted all reference to Hanna's (Pacino) family, to get rid of this drama which lasts longer than 30 minutes overall. Some of these scenes were great, but still they made no sense in my movie. If I leave out some reference, then the consequence is to keep on going that way. Always stick to the road you are on. If I could I would have deleted Diane Venora's name from the credits, but that was not possible in a way I felt acceptable. But I was able to remove Natalie Portman. I also greatly reduced the part of Chris Shiherlis' (Kilmer) wife (Ashley Judd), she has no affair, she is his loving wife, so she does not betray him in the end. Keeping the scene where she refuses to betray Chris was kind of difficult, because she is brought to the safe house by her affair, but with a few cuts I just turned him into a cop, or at least the audience is sure, he is one.
Then there was this dragging scene, where De Niro and Pacino meet. But this scene was so empty. "I will not hesitate killing you, if I have to." "I will not hesitate either." blabla. This had to go, but with this the later on scene was a bit tricky, when Hanna talks about it.
Finally I wanted a new ending, because I thought the original one was too long and way to unprofessional for McCauley's (De Niro) strong, logical and thinking character. So I created my own ending, which feels to me very FRENCH CONNECTION like. I really like my new ending, it works very well with the images, the text and the music. Still I had second thoughts, if everybody will agree with me, so I tried something new: give the audience a chance to decide for themselves. So I edited the original ending again, fitting to my movie, but with the original outcome. And from the main menu the one with the remote in his hands can decide, which version he wants to watch. This was a lot of work, because this seamless branching thing is a little bit more complicated than I thought it would be.But in the end this is exactly the "HEAT" movie which I would love to watch again.

DVD Details:
2 endings of the movie produce different runtimes:
108/120 minutes NTSC 2.35 anamorphic widescreeen AC3-5.1
Single Layer, 4.3GB, 4000kb/s vbr video, 448kb/s audio
languages ENGLISH GERMAN SPANISH
subtitles: ENGLISH
Animated menu
Cover and disc art

Time needed for the edition: planning: 1 week editing: 12 days sound editing: 3 days DVD layout and features: 1 day persons involved: 1

Maybe downloadable from Fanedit.info

P

Peter von Frosta

Have you ever seen L.A. Takedown? It's a TV movie from Michael Mann, essentially the prototype for Heat. Maybe you can use this for some inspiration.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have never seen that. ...and I am already almost finished with the editing. It is going very well and I am pretty excited about what HEAT now looks like. I will include a huge list of cuts and changes when I release this.

jeff

Reaction score
Trophy Points
boon23 said:
- My fanedit is not for true fans of the movie, it is for those who like me found it long and rather boring.

That would be me. I never finished watching this because it was so boring. I'll look forward to this..

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have finished my first version, still have to do some quality checking and sound working. This was a lot of work, but from what I think, it might play out pretty well.
The most important changes:
Al Pacino is more of a supporting actor to Robert De Niro
Diane Verona was cut from the movie (except for one very little scene)
Natalie Portman was cut from the movie
Hank Azaria is now a cop and no longer Ahsley Judd's affair

here is the current about complete list of changes:
cutlist Heat:
- removed family scenes of Hanna (Pacino) (distracting and dragging)
- removed family scenes of Shiherlis (Kilmer) (distracting)
- removed Hanna talking to Albert (nice scene, nut unnecessary and a bit overacted by Pacino)
- removed Shiherlis sleeping at McCauley's (DeNiro) place, relationship and burglary talks (distracting and long and necessary because of the previous removals)
- removed McCauley spying on Shiherlis wife (Judd) (their relationship problems don't matter in this version)
- removed Hanna arriving at the discotheque (too long)
- left in the restaurant scene, where the gang meets, we finally get to see the families of them all (the scene is needed later on)
- removed Hanna ,his collegues and families in the bar (we are concentrating on the burglars)
- removed Hanna returning to his wife in the bar (the scene is great but it just does not fit to this edition)
- removed Breedan talking to his wife in the bar (too much detail for a supporting role)
- removed Hanna picking up his daughter (Portman) (unnecessary)
- removed Hanna in Las Vegas dealing with Marciano (Shiherlis wife has no affair in my edition, so this part just makes no sense
- removed Hanna talking to McCauley (essential removal for our edit. This meeting was supposed to be so great and it was oh so boring.)
- heavily cut the "they dumped our surveillance" scene to remove all referrals to scenes I removed
- removed Eady and Charlene Shiherlis packing
- cut wives of Cheritto (Sizemore) and Breedan (Haysbert) watching in the TV about the deaths of their husbands (Breedan's wife was cut before, the scene was too short for Cheritto's wife alone)
- a bit tricky: I made Allen a policemen, guiding Charlene into the safehouse:
- removed Charlene's surprised gasp, when she discovers the cops
- removed Charlene and Allen arguing
- had to unfortunately keep Drucker say : "well, he is right, if you want out, that is out." to cut that would have resulted in a bad looking cut. So it is better to assume someone said that before when we were not watching.
- removed splitting scenes of Hanna and his wife (strong scene, but not suitable for my edition)
- removed Allen from motivating Charlene to show herself. (Now that he is a policeman, it does not fit for him to be so emotionally involved, so he is just sitting there.)
- removed Hanna kicking the TV (there is no TV set in my edition)
- removed Hanna saving his suicidal daughter (she is not part of my edition at all)
and now for the custom finale:
- removed McCauley taking the bait, he does turn around to kill Waingro. He really is a pro, he knows, when something is wrong and he escapes
- added glow effect to black&white still picture with text for McCauley's escape, Hanna's career ending and Shiherlis' death
- removed all Hanna scenes from McCauley killing Waingro
- removed the phone call as room service (this was the setup from before, it cannot be the same hotel or room)
- removed all security for Waingro
- added glow effect to b&w still picture with text for Waingro's death.
- added music from SAW2 "Last I Heard", fading into "HEAT" theme
- added new end credits

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Now here is a little extra some of you might find nice.
I have created an all new ending for HEAT - THE ACTION RE-CUT, of which I am really proud. It has a great FRENCH CONNECTION feeling to it. Still a new ending is not easily acceptable for everyone and also not everyone is going to like it as much as I do.
Therefore YOU will be able to decide which version of my edit you will want to watch. Both will be available from the same DVD. My first attempt in "seamless branching".

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
3dheattarcqx7.jpg

beckmen

Reaction score
Trophy Points
You should re-name the movie, something like L.A. Heat or something. It sounds like a completely different movie, maybe it deserves a different title.

Or maybe I am a moron.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I cannot rename it. It is based on HEAT - THE ACTION EDIT by Yoshimi, so renaming would remove this reference to the former editor.
AND of course i also do like the title as it is.

Remixed by Jorge

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Are you purposely covering DeNiro's face with the gun on the dvd cover? its pretty funny. Maybe you can move him up a little.LOL

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I am having lots and lots of difficulties with the seamless branching and have been experimenting a lot now and finally I think I got it working.
Within the next days this fanedit will be finished.
Unfortuately I cannot do much about the covered face, killbillme, because that was in the picture I used, but I don't consider it that bad.

jamiemark

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I can't wait to see this Boon, I found the film disappointing and boring as hell.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
project finished. The info contains some spoilers.

******************FANEDIT.ORG proudly presents***************************
**********************A fanedit by BOON23********************************
*********************HEAT - THE ACTION RE-CUT***************************

**************************INTRODUCTION********************************
When I watched Yoshimi's Action Edit of "HEAT", I was intrigued, because what I remembered as a total bore (I know this movie has lots of fans, but not me, sorry), was suddenly thrilling, suspenseful, interesting. The overall quality of the edit was bad, the picture was very grainy and several cuts were not executed well AND I didn't like the ending nor the most important scene of the movie, when Pacino and De Niro meet, because it feels hollow and empty to me. So I decided to once again go solo and create a fanedit project all by myself in redoing another already made fanedit. This time just in my way and I hope you will like it.

***************************THE EDIT**************************************
Like Yoshimi I deleted all reference to Hanna's (Pacino) family, to get rid of this drama which lasts longer than 30 minutes overall. Some of these scenes were great, but still they made no sense in my movie. If I leave out some reference, then the consequence is to keep on going that way. Always stick to the road you are on. If I could I would have deleted Diane Venora's name form the credits, but that was not possible in a way I felt acceptable. But I was able to remove Natalie Portman. I also greatly reduced the part of Chris Shiherlis' (Kilmer) wife (Ashley Judd), she has no affair, she is his loving wife, so she does not betray him in the end. Keeping the scene where she refuses to betray Chris was kind of difficult, because she is brought to the safe house by her affair, but with a few cuts I just turned him into a cop, or at least the audience is sure, he is one.
Then there was this dragging scene, where De Niro and Pacino meet. But this scene was so empty. "I will not hesitate killing you, if I have to." "I will not hesitate either." blabla. This had to go, but with this the later on scene was a bit tricky, when Hanna talks about it.
Finally I wanted a new ending, because I thought the original one was too long and way to unprofessional for McCauley's (De Niro) strong, logical and thinking character. So I created my own ending, which feels to me very FRENCH CONNECTION like. I really liek my new ending, it works very well with the images, the text and the music. Still I had second thoughts, if everybody will agree with me, so I tried something new: give the audience a chance to decide for themselves. So I edited the original ending again, fitting to my movie, but with the original outcome. And from the main menu the one with the remote in his hands can decide, which version he wants to watch. This was a lot of work, because this seamless branching thing is a little bit more complicated than I thought it would be.But in the end this is exactly the "HEAT" movie which I would love to watch again.
***************************DVD DETAILS*********************************
108/120 minutes NTSC 2.35:1 anamorphic widescreen with AC3-5.1 audio and a vbr of 4.500KB/s using a 3 pass encoding with CCE.
Languages : ENGLISH GERMAN SPANISH
Subtitles : ENGLISH
MENUS : animated
SCENES : 25
SCENE SELECTION : no (unfortunately impossible with my seamless branching method)
DELETED SCENES : no (with 3 languages, the DVD was full)
COVER ART : yes, on DVD-Rom

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++ABOUT FANEDITS++++++++++++++++++++++++
Some of you might think that the universe is solid and nothing can be changed the way nature has made it. Genetics should have proven you wrong already. But still some you believe that a movie, which is not so much of a universe in itself should not be altered, is supposed to be the way it is. The CBB group disagrees with you in that totally. When a director along with his executive producers and his producers and the many more people having a say in making a movie and being responsible or taking responsibility for a cut, decide to have a movie this or that way, they have no idea if the outcome is good or will be liked or not. Quality cannot be just created, it is far more than a few good ideas put together. We all have seen great efforts who failed in the end (best example might be Matrix Revolutions). Now are we forced to accept that a movie stays the way it is? The movie stations make their personal cuts, the studios do, the producers do, the directors do and finally we have 10 different versions of the same movie material (e.G.Dawn of the Dead). Is this bad? No. It is very good this way, because the watcher, YOU, can decide, what you like best. And the CBB group thinks that touching movie material, altering it to get a new result, which could be highly enjoyable, not to joke around or make fun, but seriously tell the known story in an unknown way, can be considered for viewing pleasure and therefore done.

FIND OUT MORE ABOUT FANEDITS:
http://WWW.FANEDIT.ORG

Finn

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thats a lot of work dude, can't wait to see it.

jeff

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I watched this last night and I must say it's very will done. No where close to be boring like the original. However, it does make me want to watch the original again.

Your alternate ending was well done also. It's puts a slightly different take on the movie, but I think I like the other a little better.

As for the branching you did with the disc, my older DVD player had a minor problem going to the endings, but a press of the chapter button solved that. My new DVD player had no problems switching to the endings.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
thanks for your comment, jeff, I am glad you liked it. And it is good to know about older DVD players. However it makes me wonder, why the chapter button helped, because it was clearly not solved via chapters. But maybe your old DVD player does not know playlists.

jeff

Reaction score
Trophy Points
After the main part of the movie the sound would play fine, but the picture would hang up at the part when Al walks out.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
yeah. that's where the break is.

InfoDroid

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sounds good, Boon! I'm one of those who has never seen the whole movie because it's so boring.

Is this available on Demonoid?

--InfoDroid

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
oh yes! And well seeded curently.

Top Bottom