• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

HAWKEYE: My Life As A Weapon Motion Comic Series

NFBisms

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I did a motion comic series adapting Matt Fraction's run on the Hawkeye series. First episode went live today!

Episode 1:

Episode 2:

Episode 3:

Episode 4:

no more episodes coming soon!

Last edited:

lapis molari

Better edits through feedback.
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sweet! :cool:

Impressive technical skills! Particular compliments for your audio work. (y)

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I meant to comment earlier, whoops. This was fantastic, I'm looking forward to more. This is the most I've ever cared about Hawkeye, maybe I should actually check out the comics

NFBisms

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hey, thanks guys! I love this comic a lot, you should definitely read it. No one cares about Hawkeye and I think that only adds to his charm.

Episode 2 should be out in a month or less.

Here's a preview: https://youtu.be/Z5Voi9uskf8

Racerx1969

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Finally got around to watching this last week...and forgot where I ran across it. I enjoyed it, good work.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hell yeah, gonna have to watch this later

NFBisms

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Here's a (very rough) preview for episode 3 btw: [finished]

Last edited:

lapis molari

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
@NFBisms, major compliments on the continued high-quality of your Hawkeye edit!

It's clear that the magic of your first episode is not a one-hit-wonder, but representative of the quality of your efforts.

Once all episodes are complete (how many are you aiming for?), I suggest you submit the entire series as one item for your IFDB listing. (y)

NFBisms

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thank you! I really enjoy making these!

I'm pretty green at a lot of what I've had to do for this - not least of which is directing and [somewhat] animating at this scale. So I'm glad it pays off, because it *is* a lot of effort. ^_^

I've got one more episode in production. I could probably do more, but past the next issue would make any other stopping point but the end of the 22 issue run feel unsatisfying. It's still not much in the way of a definitive conclusion, but I think it ties together the set of issues we've chosen to do. So while it still doesn't "resolve" narratively, the little snapshot of the comic I have here will at least be thematically cohesive, leaving off on a common Hawkeye status quo. It's the end of the first act, but as an overall finale it works to at least make these 4 episodes a Character Study! lol

I didn't realize I would be able to submit something like this! I'd definitely give it a shot when the time comes

Last edited:

lapis molari

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Your Hawkeye will be an unusual entry in FE's database because the source material is neither movie nor TV series. But you're giving it motion and audio (not just dialog but SFX and music too), and editing the narrative to fit the medium that you have transformed this into. šŸ˜²

Your Hawkeye is a fanedit on so many levels, it's absolutely earning its place in the listings!

Plus, your work opens my mind to the fact that fanediting can be even more diverse than I was previously thinking of. So thank you for expanding my horizon!

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Your Hawkeye will be an unusual entry in FE's database because the source material is neither movie nor TV series. But you're giving it motion and audio (not just dialog but SFX and music too), and editing the narrative to fit the medium that you have transformed this into. šŸ˜²

Your Hawkeye is a fanedit on so many levels, it's absolutely earning its place in the listings!

Plus, your work opens my mind to the fact that fanediting can be even more diverse than I was previously thinking of. So thank you for expanding my horizon!
I believe the closest edit to this on IFDB would be this Watchmen comic edit. As far as non-movie/TV edits, we also have a few radio drama edits and a few video game edits.

NFBisms

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Here's a standalone short we did while waiting on our Clint to finish up his episode 4 material:

NFBisms

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Episode 4:

And that's a wrap! Those four episodes make up the "series" of the project. (Not counting the bonus short, watch that after the main ones.) Please check it out and let me know what you think. It was - it was a lot of work. Things I'd never done before. But it was really cool to direct voice actors and build the scenes from the source material. So much fun to work on and edit. Hope you guys like it. In time for the D+ show, too.

NFBisms

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Do you think anyone would watch a behind the scenes commentary with me and the cast of this?

SIUse

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I certainly would, too. Just out of respect for your work at least.

Top Bottom