• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

Have you switched to a flat screen already?

What kind of TV do you have?

• Tv is the devil - I don't have one.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm color blind - I have a black and White TV.

• I'm an old fashioned guy - I have an old kind of TV.

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • I have a one room flat and a <=26" flat screen.

• I go with the flow and have a 27"-36" flat screen.

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • I'm a gadget freak and I have a huge >37" flat screen.

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • I'm a movie addict and I have a video projector.

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.
yes mine can play files over usb, but i dont use it much as my dvd player/xbox/ps3 and pc all do that better.

Just upgraded to an 42" AOC L42HA91 from ebuyer as the price was right and I wanted to retire my 37" 720p screen.

Gotta say I was a little dubious about the brand and the price but the reviews are excellent so I figured I'd take the plunge, bloody glad I did! Picture is fantastic with 12000:1 contrast ratio using dynamic otherwise it's 4000 and the blacks are very black.

1080p is absolutely glorious as is console/PC gaming. If anyone is looking for a good bargain on a big LCD then I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this set.

Oh yeah full three warranty thrown in for free

I'm mainly running on a cheap 13" RCA CRT. Seeing how TV's are going right now, it might be one of the last CRT's made.

If I was going for an upgrade, I'd probably get a projector. Mainly due to the ability to change picture size depending on aspect ratios.

I've been extremely happy with my samsung (40"). it easily adjusts for aspect ratio (no forced obese people) and the built in media player will handle just about anything I throw at it. oh, and the picture is gorgeous. so glad i switched from my 19" RCA CRT.

I think mine has a media player as well as the instructions said it can decode mpeg4/h264 and has a USB slot on the side for connecting an hdd or stick. Oh and joy of joys I found a code to program my sky remote for basic telly functions so no more messing about with multiple remotes. :rockon:

I's just got a new 37" Sony Bravia, which is my first proper HD TV(the last one I had, although 'HD Ready' only had a DVI connection). £799, but Sony are currently giving back the VAT(Tax) we pay on them, so I'll get 17.5% of that back. Plus I got another 40 knocked off for buying two with my Dad.

First time I've been able to make full use of my HDMI connection to my DVD Player and my word do some of those XVID's I download look good upscaled. So, now I want a BluRay player and I'm sure I'll succomb to Sky HD soon......:p

.....with a USB 2.0 input and DivX compatibility......:-D

Yes.

Sorry, just answering the thread question.

Back
Top Bottom