• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Harry Potter Extended Editions

JJPotter

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I did. I didn't like a couple of the ways scenes were transitioned in PS, so I did a full edit of it. CS I only made minor changes to, the main one being the line in the Great Hall where Hermione says for Harry and Ron to get Crabbe/Goyle's robes. There is a scene immediately after where they are in the girl's bathroom and Hermione says she had to sneak robes from the laundry. Cutting the first line removes that inconsistency.

Collipso

Reaction score
Trophy Points
so nice to hear you're back, JJPotter. i've always been a fan of your work, and i'm glad your love for editing and these movies overshadowed the asshole's efforts to steal your work. looking forward to the v2s. :)

JJPotter

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The biggest thing, if I can pull it off, is to include the Dudley Redemption scene in Deathly Hallows. When I read the books, that scene meant so much and I found it odd that the scene was shot but was cut. I have been working for a while on trying to get the green screening done correctly. There are a few other green screen scenes that I had left out previously. I will be working to try to get those included as well.

MusicEd921

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
So glad to see you back!  I'm still irked by what happened, so I can only imagine how you feel.  Looking forward to what you come up with in the future!

Welcome back!

JJPotter

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Back to the drawing board for the intros. I received a lot of negative responses on them, so I'll have to put something else together.

JJPotter

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
HAPPY NEW YEAR (almost)! My edits are now available again. Please send an email to jjpotter.releases@gmail.com for additional information. DO NOT SEND ME PM'S ASKING FOR THEM! PM's asking for them will be left unanswered.

robbiseraphin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Best wishes on this project! I remember messaging you about these edits made sometime ago so it's nice to hear that you're keeping it active one way or another. Looking to support, review and give my opinion as constructive as I can moving forward. Cheers bud

Redbeard

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've finally downloaded all 7 Extended Edition movies and I must say that these are phenomenal!!! The amount of planning, effort, and work that you've put into these edits is incredible. At some point in the future I'd like to attempt some fan edits of my own for movies I like but feel edits are deserved. I can only hope that I reach the level of professionalism and quality that you have in making these fine edits. Well done!!!

JJPotter

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I am looking for a fellow fan editor or a long-time member here that has a 5.1 surround sound system and would be interested in doing some beta viewing for me. PM me if this interests you.

JJPotter

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm hoping for March. I've got initial renders completed, but need to go through each to make sure there are no glitches or additional changes to be made. I went through PoA earlier this week and found several small things that needed to be fixed.

When I did the 5.1 audio switch, I had to replace all of the audio I had been working with, which was 2.0, and replace it with 5.1 audio. That caused a few issues that I didn't catch until seeing and hearing the full version on a large screen.

I hope the wait is worth it. I've been very pleased with the audio changes thus far.

Sillix

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I did. I didn't like a couple of the ways scenes were transitioned in PS, so I did a full edit of it. CS I only made minor changes to, the main one being the line in the Great Hall where Hermione says for Harry and Ron to get Crabbe/Goyle's robes. There is a scene immediately after where they are in the girl's bathroom and Hermione says she had to sneak robes from the laundry. Cutting the first line removes that inconsistency.
To be honest, if there's one thing I really find unfortunate about Philosopher's Stone, it's the fact that the only extended edition that is widely available, is the American version with the Sorcerer's Stone in the title.. I wouldn't say no to a fan edit of the first two, and if only one was possible, probably PS just because of the library scene with the alternate dialogue and visuals (the book itself from which Hermione reads) and the opening title itself.

But I'm not here to pressure you or anyone else into either editing or releasing said edit. I just wish I had any knowledge of editing myself, but I'm not that tech-savvy and probably too lazy if I'm completely honest.

The Danger Zone

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I heard Chris Columbus is considering releasing his original three-hour cut of the film at some point, including Peeves!

JJPotter

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
As the YouTube announcement video states, v2.0 of my Wizarding World extended editions have been released and are now available. If you have requested the v1.5 edits in the past year since I re-released them, the information you received for those will still work. The v1.5 edits are no longer available from me. With the 5.1 surround audio and the additional scenes and tweaks that have been made, I feel like these are superior to the previous ones.

A full list of changes in v2.0 are available in this Google Doc:

One item that I have not revealed up to this point is that I have taken the English subtitles for each of the films and have passed them through Google Translate to create subtitle files for a lot of other languages. You will need to know going in that these are just a raw translation from Google with no corrections made. They will not be 100% accurate. Most like, they will be far from it. I am providing these solely because I have gotten so many requests for audio and subtitles in other languages. I am not a language expert and English is my only language. These are provided solely to give a better experience for those that are wanting text for another language. The languages I selected were pulled from the languages that were available on my original UK copies of the films. English subtitles are already embedded in the MP4 files, but I'm also including external SRT files in English for those that want them.

Arabic
Bulgarian
Danish
Dutch
English
Estonian
Finnish
French
German
Greek
Hungarian
Icelandic