• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Harry Potter Extended Editions

mdarkstar

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Fantastic job.  Best versions I have seen.  Thank you for your hard work.

theryaney

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
magnuze said:
Have sent a you a pm sir. can anybody pm the link? :)

Welcome @"magnuze"! 

the long rectangle at the top said:
If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

First, you should not make requests for links in the forum other than the Trade/Requests section. Second, please be patient after PMing. The editor, @"JJPotter" last visited only 2 hours ago. He should get back to you soon. :)

thecuddlyninja

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Here's a cover I made for myself for the extended edition collection, thought I'd drop it here in case anybody else wanted to use it:

JJPotter

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
After a bit of a layoff, I have pulled out my old edits and have started making some tweaks (hopefully not ala George Lucas). There were some things that I wanted to do when I first was working on these, but didn't have the confidence to do them properly. Most of these changes involved scenes with green or blue screen. While I incorporated some, there were others that I avoided completely.

The first tweak I am working on is an addition to the DH1 intro. I always wanted to have the full "Dudley Redemption" scene added. I have rendered out an initial cut of the intro with this inserted. I'm not pleased with the music right now, so it will require more tweaks. The only part I have done green screen work on so far is the initial wide shot. Other portions are zoomed in at the moment, which you will be able to see clearly in the quality differences of the footage. I hope to be able to do more green screen work on these portions to increase the quality.

Here is the first draft of this revised intro.

The Danger Zone

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Looks very nice, JJ. I will admit there's still a bit of green screen in one of the zoomed-in shots, but overall, it's an impressive take on a deleted scene. Well done! :)

JJPotter

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks for the feedback. The zoomed in portions will (hopefully) be replaced with fully keyed scenes when I'm done. I want the shots to be as clean as possible and not washed out like the zoomed shots look. I know it will take some time, but for this one scene alone it will be worth it. This is the one scene of all deleted scenes that I hate they cut.

heathen3017

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've seen your work to this point, and I can't wait to see the end result of your efforts. Thanks so much for it.

The Danger Zone

Reaction score
Trophy Points
JJPotter said:
Thanks for the feedback. The zoomed in portions will (hopefully) be replaced with fully keyed scenes when I'm done. I want the shots to be as clean as possible and not washed out like the zoomed shots look. I know it will take some time, but for this one scene alone it will be worth it. This is the one scene of all deleted scenes that I hate they cut.

Thank you for the kind response, mate. I anticipate to see what you can do with the bridge deleted scene. :)

shuma4

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hello,

New here, how can I download your Extended versions?

Thank you

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
shuma4 said:
Hello,

New here, how can I download your Extended versions?

Thank you

Welcome shuma4,

One of our rules is that we don't allow requests or discuss sharing download links in the forum. Request guidelines can be found in the Traded & Requests Sub Forum.

Please take a moment to review this introductory message:
If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details

Again welcome to the community! :)

JJPotter

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A viewer recently made a suggestion to me to add some effects to one of the Deathly Hallows deleted scenes to make it more visually appealing and add more action to it. I have been playing around with this scene, the Rabbit Chase scene. Below is the most recent rendering of the scene. This modification is not in any of my current releases, but may appear in a future release.

nealjane

Reaction score
Trophy Points
never even seen that scene before - its brilliant!!..really helps show how its taking a toll on their friendship...

hobbes4444

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just back after being away for a while. Really excited to see the revised intro to DH1 as I mentioned previously. That scene with Dudley is great, though I don't think they really needed to make him a stoner (assuming that was how they cast him, although I guess it could be after effects of the Dementor attacks). So hope you're having success integrating it. First edit looked great!

One Q -- is it possible when you recompose the prologue to lower the level of the score during the scenes with Petunia and Harry and Ron and Arthur? I watched the combined version (again) last weekend, and that was my only quibble since the dialog was a little bit overpowered even in simulated Dolby surround. Really enjoyed the entire year 7 version you put together. So glad to have these in my HP collection along side the gigantic 31 disc box and now the 4k steelbooks!!
Cheers!!!

JJPotter

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Interesting that you mention those scenes in the prologue and the volume levels. When I was working on the Dudley Redemption green screen scenes recently, I noticed more clearly how difficult it was to hear the dialogue in those areas. I will be tweaking those when I get the green screen parts done.

The Danger Zone

Reaction score
Trophy Points
@"JJPotter", I'm quite excited to see the upcoming new versions of your extended editions. When do you expect to complete them?

JJPotter

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I don't have a timeline at this point. I know there are 6 green screen segments I have to work on just for the Dudley Redemption scene in DH1. I'll keep updating this thread as I make progress.

The Danger Zone

Reaction score
Trophy Points
JJPotter said:
I don't have a timeline at this point. I know there are 6 green screen segments I have to work on just for the Dudley Redemption scene in DH1. I'll keep updating this thread as I make progress.

Sure thing. By the way, I've just watched your interpretation of the Umbridge montage from OotP with headphones and you seem to have taken precautionary measures to remove the original BG music. How did you manage to pull it off?

JJPotter

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I had to do that with a couple of scenes where I added sections to montages (the Umbridge scene and the intro to Deathly Hallows Pt. 1). Initially, I looked at removing the audio from a couple of channels, but the way the audio was mixed for those films, some of the background music bled over onto the vocal tracks. So, I pulled the audio into an audio editor (I used Audacity for these particular scenes) and took the soundtrack audio of the same song on a different track. I inverted the soundtrack audio and lined it up as close as possible to the main movie audio. Basically, the two audio tracks cancel each other out since they are out of phase. This left just the dialogue. I could then add the scenes I needed to.

Top Bottom