• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Harry Potter Extended Editions

theryaney

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Quite nice indeed. I might be planning this in the future, if anyone isn't doing it, and maybe also in a combination Fanfix of both parts.

brettd92

Reaction score
Trophy Points
(Quote doesn't want to work for me right now)
I like the work you did there. It is a lot less dark and clearer. Good work!

Thanks. Wanted to see how it'd look with it toned down cause the darkness was too extreme at times.

Looks like a lot of effort. Have you tried DH P2 yet?

Wasn't too bad to tweak really, it was encoding it that gave me the most problems but finished at least. I briefly looked into DH2 though it'd require more as the exposure changes more often between scenes (Forbidden Forest to Kings Cross in afterlife). Maybe I'll look again one day.

Don't want to hijack the thread though, so I won't go into detail much.

theryaney

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hey, seeing as you're done with the rest of the franchise, how about Fantastic Beasts?

JJPotter

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've got an initial version of FB1 done. I've got another week and a half of work for the year before I'm off for the holiday break. While I'm out, I plan on working on that one some more. I'm also working on a combined version of DH1 and DH2. I'm testing doing a version that is color graded to make it brighter and more colorful along with an original darker version. So there are some other projects in the works.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
brettd92 said:
(Quote doesn't want to work for me right now)

It's a bit confusing, but use "reply" instead of "quote."  The quote button is actually used for multi-quoting.  So you would click the quote button on multiple posts and then hit reply, and they'd all come up in your text box.

Vultural

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TVs Frink said:
  The quote button is actually used for multi-quoting.  So you would click the quote button on multiple posts and then hit reply, and they'd all come up in your text box.

Ha!
I had no idea.
I always loaded posts into Notepad and configured manually.

JJPotter

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have been working on an alternate version of Half-Blood Prince. One of the problems that I have with HBP is that it is so dark and muted with a green/brown tint that there are parts of the movie that cannot be seen well. I know the director was looking at setting a dark mood, but I think it was so overdone that it makes the movie hard to watch.

I wanted to do more than just brighten the movie. I wanted to remove the color grading that was done to try to bring back some of the original colors. I have done a video comparison of the original vs. the current color correction that I have done. Let me know what you think of the change.

brettd92

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Nice work, JJ, really like what you've done so far. Forgot how green/brown HBP was in its dark areas that it was quite a difference to see what a simple neutral tone could make. Though some parts, mostly the final scene, looks to have been brightened too much to where it's almost pure white. So if that was toned down a bit, even if only certain scenes had to be adjusted, you'd have a perfect balance there IMO. Looking forward to seeing more out of this.

JJPotter

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks for the feedback. I was wondering if that end part was too overblown. It is like the tint was not put on that part of the film as heavily as the rest. I'll play around with that area a bit more. I still need to do a full viewing to see if there are other areas that need to be toned down as well.

JJPotter

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have started working on caption files for each of the EE versions. For those that have my edits, you can download these SRT files to add captions to your movies. This first one, Prisoner of Azkaban, is complete. If you are interested, send me a PM for the link.

JJPotter

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Links to my edits are currently down as I upload a new version of each, v1.5. There are 2 main updates in this version.

1) CAPTIONS! I have heard from a lot of users wanting captions for these and I finally got some time to put them together. For those that have already downloaded my edits, I will be making the SRT caption files available for you to download so you don't have to re-download the edits if you don't want to. With v1.5, the captions are bundled in the M4V file.

2) Updated audio tracks - In the v1.0 release, I did a dual mono mixdown of audio to 2 channel stereo. While it sounds ok, it was not producing the best sound for those with surround sound systems. So with the testing help of Doctor M (thanks bud!), I did a different mixdown that is an actual stereo mix and works better with surround sound systems.

Those are the only differences. If you have downloaded my edits before and are pleased with them, please hold off downloading the new versions when they are available so it doesn't kill my hosting sites. 

I hope to have links back up by tomorrow and have the caption files available later this week.

JJPotter

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The updated versions are now available. If you have requested links in the past, the updated versions are at the same links. Each file has "v1.5" at the end to differentiate them from the original edits.

Max2765

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Fantastic job JJ!

Have always wanted there to be extended versions of the HP series on official blu-ray but now theres no need for that with the quality of the editing as well as the re-coloured versions.

Tones

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks for these,checked them out last night and look really good.cant wait till my harry potter night at the weekend.

JJPotter

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks for the compliments. The edits were a labor of love for the HP fans. Don't forget to rate on IFDB as well.

yuco321

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Can anyone send me all harry potter extended editions.Thank you

Top Bottom