• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Harry Potter Extended Editions

JJPotter

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Based on feedback about the Sirius Black break-in scene in PoA, I have made a change. I have created a version similar to one I saw on YouTube with my own music selection and sound clips. Let me know what you think of this new version. Password: JJPotter

theryaney

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
You forgot the password. I guessed correctly though. (JJPotter)  :) 

I certainly like it. It's a good addition. Nice job. :)

JJPotter

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks. Musiced921 gave me the explanation that I needed on the original. It never quite felt "right", but he mentioned to me that it seemed more like a dream than an actual attack. I definitely think this has a better feel to it.

I'm hoping to have all of these ready to download for the holidays. :)

MusicEd921

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm giving @"JJPotter" the old stamp of approval for his edit of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - Extended Edition!

approved1.jpg

His edits were seamless, the quality was excellent, and the time and effort he put in shows.  His edit is more than just a simple "insert this scene here and that scene there and submit," he actually finished up some effects and went the extra mile by creating a short scene so he could include an additional deleted scene that otherwise would not have been possible.  I watched this with my wife who is a legit Potter fan and while she knew what was new and what was theatrical, nothing was jarring or noticeable.

Looking forward to checking out the rest of your edits JJ!  Especially if they are of the quality of Prisoner of Azkaban!

JJPotter

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks @"musiced921"! It has been a fun ride getting to this point and having my first edit approved is really an exciting experience. I appreciate your assistance through the approval process and the pointers you provided along the way. They were very helpful.

theryaney

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Big, big congratulations, @JJPotter! :)

Good luck with the rest of the EEs, and also perhaps others. ;)

JJPotter

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks! I actually have all of the other HP EE's done. I would be open for some viewers and feedback before I list them on IFDB. Might make for some good holiday viewing.  :)

Andreas

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Cheers, brother! Your addition is most welcome to every Potter fan I will imagine.

The Danger Zone

Reaction score
Trophy Points
At last, Andreas joins the discussion! :D

Whatever the case, congrats on your success JJ! I cankt wait to see your extended editions listed on the database. So when will I, as well as others, get the chance to sit back, relax and enjoy your edits? :)

JJPotter

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have started working on a combined extended edition of Deathly Hallows and I would like some feedback/opinions on how I am combining them. I have created one large project with my 2 DH extended edits, totaling in at 4:35+. To combine them, I have made 3 changes. The pass for each video is JJPotter.

Change 1: Move the Hogwarts/Snape scene from the beginning of DH2 all the way back into DH1 after where the Death Eaters board the Hogwarts Express. I had to lose Lily's Theme as the music, but it seems to go well here.

Change 2: Move Voldemort getting the Elder Wand to between where the 3 are caught in the woods and where they are taken to Malfoy Manor.

Change 3: Color correct and blend the music on the Shell Cottage scenes from DH1 and DH2 so it is one continuous scene.

Please let me know what you think of these changes and whether they work where they are located.

The Danger Zone

Reaction score
Trophy Points
About time. I was hoping you’d combine both DH films together. :)

Though, I must say, I kinda liked Dobby’s death at the beach better with the grey colour tones.

Say, what do you plan on doing in the fanediting business after your HP extended edits? :|

JJPotter

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I can see that with the death scene. I was trying to make a more consistent look from start to finish at Shell Cottage, but I will give that another look.

I'm not quite sure yet what I will work on after the HP edits. I have an edit of Fantastic Beasts in the hopper right now, but wanted to get the HP ones done first. I've also looked at the Hunger Games films as a possibility.

The Danger Zone

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks for letting me know, and be sure to send me a PM once your Deathly Hallows two-in-one edit is finished.

Also, I’ve seen that the contrast is little brighter on the Elder Wand video. Was this intentional, or was it how the source material was when you worked on it?

JJPotter

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
When I did both the DH1 and DH2 edits, I increased the contrast slightly. Those movies have always been too dark for my liking. For the combined version I haven't made any change to that scene other than relocating it.

The Danger Zone

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Okay, I can understand your decision. Also a bit of a disappointment as I pretty much liked the dark lighting. :|

I could tell by the thin dark grey bars in the videos.

BTW, you speak of a Fantastic Beasts edit in the hopper? :)

brettd92

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I noticed that. I did something similar to DH Part 1 earlier in the year, seeing if I could tone down the teal bringing some of the colour back and boosting the exposure (managed to do it without clipping the highlights somehow). Haven't shared it though, didn't think the interest would be enough.

EDIT: Forgot I had shots uploaded for someone else before. lol: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8mQnmQU9oRRMGNmV1o2OWtEQ0U

JJPotter

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I like the work you did there. It is a lot less dark and clearer. Good work!

Top Bottom