• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Harry Potter Extended Editions

JJPotter

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Trelawney scene while Umbridge is speaking makes no sense to try to put in as it would take away from her speech for comic relief. I don't know what other scenes you are referring to. As I indicated, all other scenes were added back in.

Funny how you are asking questions based off of the scene list that I already told you was not 100% accurate.

The Danger Zone

Reaction score
Trophy Points
JJPotter said:
The Trelawney scene while Umbridge is speaking makes no sense to try to put in as it would take away from her speech for comic relief. I don't know what other scenes you are referring to. As I indicated, all other scenes were added back in.

Funny how you are asking questions based off of the scene list that I already told you was not 100% accurate.

Well, there's the final deleted scene of DH P2 with Nagini, Ron and Hermoine.

I can understand that the scene has unfinished CGI for Nagini, but in all else, one YouTuber thinks this particular scene would work if left in the final product.

JJPotter

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Have at it if you feel like it needs to go in there. The CGI snake does not look good and Hermione's line takes away from the drama that is building at that point. It has no place in my edit and will not be there.

I am not going to nitpick with you on these further. If you want them in your movie, go for it. I've put a ton of time into making these edits and I am pleased with what I have put together.

The Danger Zone

Reaction score
Trophy Points
JJPotter said:
Have at it if you feel like it needs to go in there. The CGI snake does not look good and Hermione's line takes away from the drama that is building at that point. It has no place in my edit and will not be there.

I am not going to nitpick with you on these further. If you want them in your movie, go for it. I've put a ton of time into making these edits and I am pleased with what I have put together.

Oh... :|

Daniel Palmer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Very Glad to see this project being created. I felt that there was an expectation to have Extended Editions of all the Harry Potter films ever since we finally got Extended Edition of HP 1 & 2. I am referring of course to HP 1 & 2 Ultimate Editions. I know after that, I was expecting each Films Ultimate Edition Release to have an Extended Version included. Now that desire will be full-filled. The only way previously was to watch the Extended Versions was on TV broadcasts! 

I am glad we getting Extended Versions of Harry Potter 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Pt 1, & 7 Pt 2 in HD quality.

JJPotter

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Two more clips...password JJPotter

Goblet of Fire:

vimeo.com/238290343[/video]

vimeo.com/238290306[/video]

JJPotter

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have a limit on the amount I can upload to Vimeo each week. These are the only 2 that fall under that limit.

Please don't requote the entire post when you reply.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
JJPotter said:

JJPotter please refrain from attacking community members who ask questions that in no way are attacking you or your edit. We appreciate your presence in our community, but we ask that you accept feedback and questions with an open and nonconfrontational approach. Motley's questions are totally valid and have worth. Please do not alienate community members or yourself with charged responses.

Best of luck on your submitting to the academy.

JJPotter

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sample videos have been removed for my project. Nothing further will be posted until I hear back from the admins.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
When you say "admins" are you referring to the Academy?  They aren't admins, but regardless, some patience will do you good.  Also, removing all your videos and saying you won't post anything else until you get your edit reviewed isn't a very friendly attitude to take.

JJPotter

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I do apologize if my actions appear to be unfriendly. That is not my intent at all. I just feel that waiting until the Academy has reviewed my edit before hyping it any further would be appropriate. I took too much offense over recent comments, which I am sure was not the intent. In order to reduce the tension, I feel it is best to pull away until the review is completed. 

I do thank everyone for the comments of encouragement and apologize for my harshness.

DominicCobb

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I just sent a message, but to be clear, posting videos before the academy has seen your edit is completely allowed, and even encouraged.

JJPotter

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Updated change list for each film as has been submitted to the Academy for review. 

Fanedit Name: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban Extended Edition
Fanedit Runtime: 2:26:32

Change List:
  • All deleted scenes have been added in + 1 new scene created
  • Added spinning Knight Bus scene with blue screen removed and spinning background added
  • Added extended bird scene
  • Added Sir Cadogan portrait scene
  • Added a new Sirius Black attack scene so the Common Room deleted scene would make sense when added. This scene is a simple shot of Ron in bed with Black's wanted poster spinning and getting closer with voices in the background ("We have a killer on the loose", "He's a murderer", etc.), ending with Ron screaming.
  • Added Common Room scene following Black's attack
-----

Fanedit Name: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire Extended Edition
Fanedit Runtime: 2:45:33

Change List:
  • All deleted scenes have been added
  • Added Hogwarts students welcoming the Durmstrang and Beauxbaton students with the Hogwarts school song
  • Added scene where Harry tries to ask Cho to the Yule Ball
  • Added scene showing Durmstrang student asking Hogwarts student to the Ball as Ron and Harry look on
  • Music modified so work with the above 2 scenes
  • Full version of "Can You Dance Like a Hippogriff" added. Scenes with Harry, Ron and their dates watching Hermione and Krum altered to fit with the longer song.
  • Karkaroff/Snape scene outside of the Yule Ball
  • Crouch/Mad Eye extended scene added after 2nd task
  • Added Common Room scene after the death of Crouch
  • Added the scene where Harry, Ron and Hermione are wondering what is on Snape's arm and Harry's scar hurting.
-----

Fanedit Name: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix Extended Edition
Fanedit Runtime: 2:24:09

Change List:
  • All deleted scenes have been added except for Trelawny's eating scene while Umbridge speaks during the Feast
  • Added scene of Neville sticking up for Harry, saying they had stopped taking the Daily Prophet
  • Added extended Common Room scene showing activity (modified music so the clip doesn't sound so empty)
  • Recut the Umbridge as High Inquisitor scene to remove the Trelawny clips. Music modified.
  • Added in the full scene of Umbridge evaluating Trelawny in class.
  • Added scene of Slytherin boys hazing another student as Umbridge/Filch watch.
  • Added clip of Filch trying to blow out Umbridge's hair after the Weasley fireworks in the Great Hall
  • Extended scene of Umbridge, Harry and Hermione in the Forbidden Forest
  • Added scene of Ron trying to get Harry to go to the feast after the death of Sirius
  • Added scene of Harry going to Dumbledore's office
-----

Fanedit Name: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince Extended Edition
Fanedit Runtime: 2:39:03

Change List:
  • Added in extended Harry/Hermione scene in the hallway before walking up to Ron/Lavender.
  • Added Harry/Hermione scene in the Common Room where Harry thinks Draco is leaving the castle after disappearing from the map
  • Added Harry/Ron/Hermione scene discussing the vanishing cabinets before Harry meets Dumbledore.
  • Added Harry/Dumbledore scene in the cave where Dumbledore mentions the 2 kids that Riddle brought to the cave.
  • Added scene as Harry/Dumbledore leave the cave.
  • Added choir scene leading up to the confrontation in the tower. Some clips were altered/reordered to make the scene flow better.
  • Added scene of Harry in his bedroom, then coming downstairs to the Common Room after Dumbledore's death.
  • Added extended scene at the end of the movie with Harry/Ron/Hermione at the Astronomy Tower.
-----

Fanedit Name: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 Extended Edition
Fanedit Runtime: 2:34:37

Change List:
  • Added extended intro leading up to the title screen similar to ABC Family/Freeform version. Included added Harry/Petunia scene and Ron/Arthur radio scene. Added additional scene with Dudley and Harry shaking hands before the Dursleys leave
  • Added scene of Death Eater searching Hermione's house
  • Added extended lift scene at the Ministry with Ron/Harry/Arthur
  • Added scene in the woods after Ron is injured where the horcruxes are discussed and Ron indicates saying Voldemort's name is taboo
  • Added rabbit chase in the forest
  • Added Ron/Hermione rock throwing scene
-----

Fanedit Name: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 Extended Edition
Fanedit Runtime: 2:14:13

Change List:
  • Added Shell Cottage scene where Bill tells the trio to live up to any bargain they have made with the goblin
  • Added Luna/Harry scene at Dobby's grave
  • Added Harry/Ginny scene marching with the rest of the Gryffindors to see Snape
  • Added Lupin/Tonks scene at the start of the war
  • Added Slytherin dungeon scene

MusicEd921

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Can't wait to get my hands on these once you're ready to release them!

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thread moved to Pending Approval, until this has been reviewed by the Academy. Thanks.

JJPotter

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I am going to begin adding the cut shot videos for these edits as the Academy reviews them. Some tweaks have been made to the Intros and some of the edits since they were previously uploaded. Password for all videos is JJPotter.

Prisoner of Azkaban Videos:

Goblet of Fire Videos:

Order of the Phoenix Videos:

Half-Blood Prince Videos:

Deathly Hallows Part 1:

Deathly Hallows Part 2:

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I added spoiler tags to cut down that wall of videos.

JJPotter

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks, I appreciate that. That certainly makes the page look better and load faster.

Top Bottom