• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Favorite Edit of the Year (FEOTY) Nominations for 2020 are now open! Submit your entries here.

Harry Potter Extended Editions

JJPotter

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I did. I didn't like a couple of the ways scenes were transitioned in PS, so I did a full edit of it. CS I only made minor changes to, the main one being the line in the Great Hall where Hermione says for Harry and Ron to get Crabbe/Goyle's robes. There is a scene immediately after where they are in the girl's bathroom and Hermione says she had to sneak robes from the laundry. Cutting the first line removes that inconsistency.

Collipso

Reaction score
Trophy Points
so nice to hear you're back, JJPotter. i've always been a fan of your work, and i'm glad your love for editing and these movies overshadowed the asshole's efforts to steal your work. looking forward to the v2s. :)

JJPotter

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The biggest thing, if I can pull it off, is to include the Dudley Redemption scene in Deathly Hallows. When I read the books, that scene meant so much and I found it odd that the scene was shot but was cut. I have been working for a while on trying to get the green screening done correctly. There are a few other green screen scenes that I had left out previously. I will be working to try to get those included as well.

MusicEd921

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
So glad to see you back!  I'm still irked by what happened, so I can only imagine how you feel.  Looking forward to what you come up with in the future!

Welcome back!

JJPotter

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Back to the drawing board for the intros. I received a lot of negative responses on them, so I'll have to put something else together.

JJPotter

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
HAPPY NEW YEAR (almost)! My edits are now available again. Please send an email to jjpotter.releases@gmail.com for additional information. DO NOT SEND ME PM'S ASKING FOR THEM! PM's asking for them will be left unanswered.

robbiseraphin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Best wishes on this project! I remember messaging you about these edits made sometime ago so it's nice to hear that you're keeping it active one way or another. Looking to support, review and give my opinion as constructive as I can moving forward. Cheers bud

Top Bottom