• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Harry Potter Archives - Complete Project Discussion

Shades2585

Reaction score
Trophy Points
You have a transfer of it on one of the DVD's I sent you but I was hoping to get a better transfer. I can ask around.

Shades2585

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I doubt many people have a Batacam SP around. Those tapes are bigger then VHS. Betacam was smaller. It's a professional grade tape which is why I think I can get a better transfer off of it then what I did. The people I used turned out to be a joke. I'll try to find someone local this time.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ThrowgnCpr said:
so if you know of any interesting documentaries or species concerning the franchise (related to books or movies) let us know.

Methinks you may have work on the mind. :D

Shades2585 said:
He Does? That would be helpful. What about Batacam SP? I have an HP POA EPK that I would like retransfered. I'm not as happy with the transfer I sent you.

Afraid not. Only VHS, and only NTSC.

Shades2585 said:
I doubt many people have a Batacam SP around. Those tapes are bigger then VHS. Betacam was smaller. It's a professional grade tape which is why I think I can get a better transfer off of it then what I did. The people I used turned out to be a joke. I'll try to find someone local this time.

If nobody here is able to transfer Betacam SP you might want to ask on the MySpleen forums. I know there's one guy who's able to transfer Betacam, but I don't know about Betacam SP.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frantic Canadian said:
Methinks you may have work on the mind. :D

sigh. seriously. I am neck-deep in work right now and it's frying my brain :?

Shades2585

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I received the EPK yesterday. I also transcribed the Table of Contents documents of the 4 EPK's I have on tape so that I can add them to spread sheet when you get that set up.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Shades2585 said:
I received the EPK yesterday. I also transcribed the Table of Contents documents of the 4 EPK's I have on tape so that I can add them to spread sheet when you get that set up.

Just curious, but where did you get these EPK's? Are they the actual tapes that are sent out to media sources, or were they copied onto a regular VHS tape?

Shades2585

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frantic Canadian said:
Just curious, but where did you get these EPK's? Are they the actual tapes that are sent out to media sources, or were they copied onto a regular VHS tape?
They appear to be tapes sent to media sources and I've found them on ebay.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Did you get the last 3 PM's I sent you regarding this project [MENTION=4689]ThrowgnCpr[/MENTION] ? I didn't get a message telling me your inbox was full, and I believe I would have if it was, but since you didn't reply and I know you've been on I just wanted to make sure they got through.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
got 'em, but haven't read yet. I'll get to them tonight. thanks!!! (still trying to catch up on forum stuff)

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Cool. I thought you might have been pretty busy with work, but when I saw you posting, and that the files I uploaded for you yesterday still had 0 downloads, I just wanted to be sure that you did in fact get them.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
slowly adding to the list. It's coming guys, sorry for the delay. I noticed that Shades sent me some tivo files. Anyone know how to convert those?

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Do you know if Shades still has them? If not maybe you can try ConvertXtoDVD? According to this it can convert Tivo files to DVD, but it doesn't seem to mention if you need the MAK or not. There's also this.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ugg, I think I need the MAK. ConvertX didn't work. the video just showed up scrambled. [MENTION=12066]Shades2585[/MENTION], do you have the MAK still?

Shades2585

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Oops! I thought I had converted everything I had sent to you. I have a tool around here for that some where. I'll have to look for it tomorrow.

MWRK

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ThrowgnCpr said:
rajithwarren - check the first post. I have released 4 volumes so far, most a few years ago. I would guess that I have enough material for at least a half dozen more DVDs. I'm going to concentrate on authoring the rest, but the whole lot will be made available again. I've been rather out of touch with things for the last couple years, so if you know of any interesting documentaries or species concerning the franchise (related to books or movies) let us know.

Thanks a bunch ThrowgnCpr! Will do, and sure! (Y)

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Shades2585 said:
Oops! I thought I had converted everything I had sent to you. I have a tool around here for that some where. I'll have to look for it tomorrow.

Thanks Shades. I tried getting around it last night, but was unable to do so. It seems like we need your MAK to convert.

Shades2585

Reaction score
Trophy Points
That was off my old DVR that isn't working right and I may not be able to get it. I don't know if it is DVR specific. I can PM you the current one tonight to test. Which files are they so that I can see if I have already converted them?

Top Bottom