• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Harry Potter Archives - Complete Project Discussion

Shades2585

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'd love to know how to remove region locking if you don't mind.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Shades2585 said:
I'd love to know how to remove region locking if you don't mind.

running it through DVDFab without compression should do it. AnyDVD also works IIRC.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ThrowgnCpr said:
running it through DVDFab without compression should do it. AnyDVD also works IIRC.

Isn't region code removal a standard feature on every DVD ripping software?

Shades2585

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hey ThrowgnCpr,

Happy New Year! How are things going?
Just stopping buy for my "biannual" check-up on your HP project to find out how it is coming along.
I just found the Harry Potter ELECTRONIC PRESS KIT VHS for Sorcerers Stone. I'll have to find someone who can rip it digitally. Whenever I do that I'll have to put together another HP care package for you.

How is the project coming along? Please say that progress is being made. I look forward to seeing more of what we have collected on DVD.

Sincerely,
Shades2585

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
hey Shades!

Happy new year to you too :) Thanks for the (awesome) bump. A press kit for Sorcerer's Stone is fantastic!!!

I told myself earlier that I couldn't work too much on this project until I finished Bounty Hunter and my reissue of Terminator 2. Well, both are done, so it's time we wrap this monster up.

I'd like to make a plan of attack and work on getting a disc out per month (or more) if possible. What if I catalog everything I have, we work on breaking it up into discs, and then start cranking them out. Given your involvement in getting a lot of this material, I'm wondering if you'd be interested in collaborating more directly? I'd be willing to bump you up to co-author on the project. Basically if you could help structure things, and help with any missing material, I'd work on editing/encoding/authoring. Is this something you might be interested in? A Google doc might be the most effective way to move forward.

It would also be good to get some assistance in looking things over from folks who have helped in the past. [MENTION=5948]Frantic Canadian[/MENTION] or [MENTION=4826]AvP[/MENTION] - you guys interested in having a look or lending a hand? It could be a group effort.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Shades2585 said:
I just found the Harry Potter ELECTRONIC PRESS KIT VHS for Sorcerers Stone. I'll have to find someone who can rip it digitally. Whenever I do that I'll have to put together another HP care package for you.

As long as the tape isn't copy protected, and I'm assuming that since it wasn't put out for the general public that it isn't, then I can transfer it for you and then upload it for ThrowgnCpr.

ThrowgnCpr said:
It would also be good to get some assistance in looking things over from folks who have helped in the past. Frantic Canadian or AvP - you guys interested in having a look or lending a hand? It could be a group effort.

What kind of assistance are you looking for?

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frantic Canadian said:
As long as the tape isn't copy protected, and I'm assuming that since it wasn't put out for the general public that it isn't, then I can transfer it for you and then upload it for ThrowgnCpr.

I'm sure a few folks here have a set top VHS -> DVD converter. Most of them though force interlacing on the video. It would be best if we could transfer it to progressive video. FC, can you transfer to progressive video?

Frantic Canadian said:
What kind of assistance are you looking for?

Mostly I'm looking for help organizing what I have into logical discs and identifying and/or obtaining any missing material.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
also, if you guys are interested in helping (thanks shades!), please PM me your gmail address, if you have one, so I can add you as an editor to the spreadsheet. If you don't have gmail, we can figure something out.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ThrowgnCpr said:
I'm sure a few folks here have a set top VHS -> DVD converter. Most of them though force interlacing on the video. It would be best if we could transfer it to progressive video. FC, can you transfer to progressive video?

I have no idea. Although I could run it through TMPGEnc and de-interlace it that way, if that works for you.

ThrowgnCpr said:
Mostly I'm looking for help organizing what I have into logical discs and identifying and/or obtaining any missing material.

I can't help with obtaining any missing material, as I don't have anything, but I can check my SNL collection to see if there's any Harry Potter related sketches or Weekend Update bits. If you're at all interested in those. As for organizing what you've got into logical discs, sure, I can help out. I don't have a GMail account though, but I do have a Google account so you should be able to add me to the spreadsheet as an editor.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Shades2585 said:

welcome aboard :D

Frantic Canadian said:
I have no idea. Although I could run it through TMPGEnc and de-interlace it that way, if that works for you.

I can deinterlace too (better in avisynth), but this is less than ideal.

Frantic Canadian said:
I can't help with obtaining any missing material, as I don't have anything, but I can check my SNL collection to see if there's any Harry Potter related sketches or Weekend Update bits. If you're at all interested in those. As for organizing what you've got into logical discs, sure, I can help out. I don't have a GMail account though, but I do have a Google account so you should be able to add me to the spreadsheet as an editor.

great, PM me the account info if you want. I would be interested in the SNL bits, at least as easter eggs.

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
How can i help?

MWRK

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
As an avid Potterhead, this sounds like a must must must have!

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
[MENTION=4826]AvP[/MENTION] - I'm putting together a spreadsheet cataloging everything I have that I have not released yet on one of the previous volumes. You've supplied me with many things. If you don't mind, I'd love to add you as a reviewer, that way you can check to see if you know of anything that might be missing, or how best to organize the lot. Let me know. I have your gmail, so you can feel free to email me too. Also, I needed an excuse to lure you back to FE. we miss you :)
[MENTION=25461]rajithwarren[/MENTION] - check the first post. I have released 4 volumes so far, most a few years ago. I would guess that I have enough material for at least a half dozen more DVDs. I'm going to concentrate on authoring the rest, but the whole lot will be made available again. I've been rather out of touch with things for the last couple years, so if you know of any interesting documentaries or species concerning the franchise (related to books or movies) let us know.

Also, it turns out that [MENTION=5948]Frantic Canadian[/MENTION] has the ability to transfer VHS to progressive video. So, if folks don't mind, that could be a good option for some of that early material.

Shades2585

Reaction score
Trophy Points
ThrowgnCpr said:
Also, it turns out that [MENTION=5948]Frantic Canadian[/MENTION] has the ability to transfer VHS to progressive video. So, if folks don't mind, that could be a good option for some of that early material.

He Does? That would be helpful. What about Batacam SP? I have an HP POA EPK that I would like retransfered. I'm not as happy with the transfer I sent you.

This should be fun.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yeah, he just confirmed that. VHS only though, as far as I know. Not sure who on here can handle Betacam

Top Bottom