• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone: Revisited by Andreas

I'm a little bothered by the fact that the first shot with the Warner Bros. logo is taken right out of another entry in the series. Could you possibly create a shot entirely from scratch? Or maybe you could take it from a Warner Bros. movie that isn't "Harry Potter"?

Andreas said:
That's probably why. This isn't the original, so why not make it stick out a little?

I see you've changed your mind, so it's a moot point...but it wouldn't stick out here in the States. ;)

Editroid said:
I'm a little bothered by the fact that the first shot with the Warner Bros. logo is taken right out of another entry in the series. Could you possibly create a shot entirely from scratch? Or maybe you could take it from a Warner Bros. movie that isn't "Harry Potter"?

I'm confused as to why this is a problem.

I'm a little confused on why you changed the intro... I REALLY like the intro video you have in the first post, while this new one leaves me kinda wanting... My advice is keep the old one. If you do stick with the new one, think about removing the sound of the wind and using some different music. Perhaps Lilly's Theme? Overall, I'm just missing the elements from 7 part 2. It gave a much better feeling of loss.

nightstalkerpoet said:
I'm a little confused on why you changed the intro... I REALLY like the intro video you have in the first post, while this new one leaves me kinda wanting... My advice is keep the old one. If you do stick with the new one, think about removing the sound of the wind and using some different music. Perhaps Lilly's Theme? Overall, I'm just missing the elements from 7 part 2. It gave a much better feeling of loss.

I agree with you. I've re-added the elements from part 2 now. Again, I've changed a lot in the opening. New intro theme as well.

I suggest keeping the blue Warner Bros logo from the "beta" version.

I suggest doing what you want with the logo and not what Editroid wants :p

Editroid said:
I suggest keeping the blue Warner Bros logo from the "beta" version.
I'm unfortunately going to stick with the new one, because I like it a lot better. It fits better with the tone of my fanedit, which you will get to see when you see the finished product.

TV's Frink said:
I see you've changed your mind, so it's a moot point...but it wouldn't stick out here in the States. ;)
Hehe, well that's true. Still though, I might change It back... I have a couple of months to reach my deadline, so maybe I feel otherwise later. As for now, my motives seem clear.

if you're changing the title of the Sorcerer's Stone, will you be replacing the scenes in the film with the American version/are you using a US source instead?

nightstalkerpoet said:
if you're changing the title of the Sorcerer's Stone, will you be replacing the scenes in the film with the American version/are you using a US source instead?
Yes.

Update 3: Opening

It's getting pretty darn good now! See for yourself, and tell me what you think.

Andreas said:
Yes.

Update 3: Opening

It's getting pretty darn good now! See for yourself, and tell me what you think.

Damn, just damn. I don't what to say, other than: "Well done, Andreas!"

Thank you, Emil! :)

[Update]

Here are the first 10 minutes of the movie for all of you to watch, but have in mind that some of the music transitions are still incomplete, "Baby Harry transition to teenager" being one of them. Also, there will be several changes throughout, so do not look at this preview as the complete version. It is not!

1. The video's been blocked.
2. There's still the blatant continuity error of baby Harry's pajamas not being the same in both close-ups. I know the clips were filmed a decade apart from each other, but why didn't they pay attention to that detail?
3. How are you not going to have these flashbacks when Hagrid first tells Harry about Voldemort?

What if you used the WB logo at the beginning, go into Voldemort killing Harry's parents, then put the "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone" as the transition between the opening and Dumbledore arriving on Privet Drive.

I watched the"Superior opening" (which it is!) but not the first 10 mins (blocked).

2.5 x .02$ comments:
1. Voldemort saying "I have seen your heart and it is mine..." Doesn't seem to really fit into the context of the story to me - are you going in a different direction with that?

2. At 0:54, should there be a shot inserted between Lily talking to Harry between the bars and then holding him (maybe save the shot of James for then?)? I know it's more of a mashup/flashback kind of edited scene and not entirely sequential, but it might make it flow better in our brains when watching it. Well, mine, at least - not sure if it bothers anyone else ;)

0.5 - Are you going to polish the background of the Harry Potter logo any more? I don't want to nitpick, as it's not that big of a deal - but is there a way you can mesh it more nicely together? (Any reason you can't cross dissolve between the WB logo and the complete shot of the Harry Potter title and color correct one to match the other? Or maybe have the new shot start in the small area we're flying towards and then as we fly through the logo, we see the new shot completely? It can hide the transition better perhaps?) I know that can be a bit time consuming - so don't worry about it if you don't want to change it. It's a very small thing compared to editing the rest of the film nicely ;)

These are my .02$ comments to help you as much as I can - overall the tone is fantastic and greatly improved, I like the direction it's headed, well done! I'm looking forward to more!

Radical question - do we need the privet drive after this already very mysterious opening?
it was always one of the scenes that despite being full of magic seemed the least magical and most "generic fantasy movie scene #828"

Back
Top Bottom