• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone: Revisited by Andreas

Things are looking fantastic!

My only suggestion would be to watch the levels of the new music during the Petunia scene in the lighthouse - while a GREAT addition and changes the mood of the scene completely, I think it comes off a bit too loud at times...

Thank you!

Yes, the audio has been lowered in that particular scene. This was done two days ago actually after a preview, so no worries. ;)

Andreas said:
Thank you!

Yes, the audio has been lowered in that particular scene. This was done two days ago actually after a preview, so no worries. ;)
Excellent, looking forward to this and your other HP edits!

I suggest putting some music on the opening scene perhaps this:
first 40 seconds when Voldemort is walking and getting into the house and some other for the rest. An maybe a hint (a harp perhaps) of the HP theme when baby Harry is in front of Voldemort.

Emil Borg said:
I wonder what adywan thinks of this.

Has he got TM on the Revisited brand? Or is he just a notorious Harry Potter fan?

krloz said:
I suggest putting some music on the opening scene perhaps this:
first 40 seconds when Voldemort is walking and getting into the house and some other for the rest. An maybe a hint (a harp perhaps) of the HP theme when baby Harry is in front of Voldemort.
I have made another version of it with music, but I think It might be too dark for the first film. It's actually kinda frightening.

Either way, I shall upload the alternate opening for you guys to see wheb I get back home. Right now I'm in Brasil!!

Will you remove the film-grain? I just bought the complete collection on blu-ray and I can't help but notice the film-grain in "Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone".

I don't know anything about how this movie is "supposed" to look, but film should have grain.

TV's Frink said:
I don't know anything about how this movie is "supposed" to look, but film should have grain.
concur. do not smooth this film.

Hey, [MENTION=10697]Andreas[/MENTION], how's the fanedit going? How far have you come at this point in time?

Hello again!

The edit has come far. I've been popping into the editing room from time to time the few times I've had time to spare, and can say I've got to do some cool new soundmixes for several scenes, as well as a full-out edit of the opening. I shall release some video snippets in the coming days; if not tomorrow already. Editing as I speak.

Studies and friends do require my full attention, but since It's holidays; why not work a little? ;)

[Update]
Here is the new opening. Enjoy! :)

Looks great! Completely changes the tone. Although 'Sorcerer's stone' flashes up for not quite long enough.

So, are you actually going with 'Sorcerer's Stone'??? Surely the original title is more appropriate?

Yes. I'm going for Sorcerer's Stone.

@Editroid: I can really see your point, but I want it to be dark. It is murder. It is the story of Harry Potter, and this is Harry Potter.

[Update 2: Intro & Opening]

Tweaked and added something to the new soundmix, extended Harry Potter-title duration, added the opening scenes and polished some sound effects.

Andreas said:
Yes. I'm going for Sorcerer's Stone.

Any reason why? It's not the original title of the book or film.

white43 said:
Any reason why? It's not the original title of the book or film.
That's probably why. This isn't the original, so why not make it stick out a little?

[UPDATE: 2.1]

Updated first post/frontpage!

Back
Top Bottom