• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone: Revisited by Andreas

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TV's Frink said:
While this is true, I wouldn't call it a WTF as a lot of editors respond this way when asked for edits.

Really? A lot? I doubt that.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Feel free to doubt all you want.

Sistros

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hi ThrowngnCpr, thanks for your support but I don't understand, I haven't posted a link, I've just used the latest name of the site in question... please correct me if i'm wrong, but a link is something that when clicked upon will open another page or thing right? Or are you telling me that I (we, users) cannot mention the name of sites and that is in violation with the rules? Don't get me wrong, I'm still new with actually using this site and I may not understand certain rules =)

Conclusion: Can name the sites without creating the http blá blá blá or by just mention the site is an infraction?

Thanks Hug, Sistros =)

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
http://www.fanedit.org/forums/misc.php?do=vsarules

3. Do not ask for download links to fanedits outside of private messages or the “Trades and Requests” Forum.

It is acceptable to send a private message to a member of fanedit.org asking for links to downloadable fanedits. Members of fanedit.org can do what they want via private messages as fanedit.org is unable to control or monitor private messages. What is said in private messages is the responsibility of the member sending the private message, not the responsibility of fanedit.org.

This rule also applies to reviews left on The Internet Fanedit Database. Do not leave a fake review for a fanedit just so you can ask where the download links are. The review will be deleted and you will be issued a warning.

If you are having difficulty locating an edit for download after checking the resources mentioned in Part II, there is a section of the forum dedicated to trading fanedits. Go HERE. The “Own The Source” Rule applies to this section as well. And without a doubt, no download links are allowed to be posted in the Trades and Requests Forum.

http://www.fanedit.org/content.php?610-using-this-site

Availability
Fanedit.org is a discussion and listing site only. Editors are responsible for making their edits available to those who want to download them. Typically editors use a variety of methods to make their edits available for digital download including usenet and digital file-lockers such as Rapidshare or Mediafire.

Because Fanedit.org is a discussion site only, direct links for downloading of copyrighted material are NEVER allowed on the site, this includes the forum, the news pages and the edit listings themselves.

Quite often, faneditors will use a site such as fanedit.info as a means of providing direction on how to acquire their edits, however this is not required in order to list an edit on fanedit.org. Fanedit.info is not an affiliated site of fanedit.org, and as such please do not contact the fanedit.org staff about any issues or questions regarding fanedit.info.

(Note: fanedit.info has its own FAQ that answers some very common questions you may have.)

It is ok to discuss the fact that such sites exist, and that edits may be available there (such as, “this edit is available on rapidshare” or “dlc is now available at info”) but NEVER include direct links to any site, or any link which is for downloading copyrighted material of any kind. If you have questions about this policy, please contact a staff member DIRECTLY. Do not post in the forum. These posts will be deleted and continued abuse of this rule will lead to infractions and temporary/permanent bans from the site.

Do not ask for download links to fanedits outside of private messages or the “Trades and Requests” Forum.

Members of fanedit.org can do what they want via private messages as fanedit.org is unable to control or monitor private messages. What is said in private messages is the responsibility of the member sending the private message, not the responsibility of fanedit.org.
If you are having difficulty locating an edit for download after checking the resources mentioned above, there is a section of the forum dedicated to trading fanedits.

Trades and Requests

The short version - do not clutter up a project thread to ask for links or to indicate the links are dead. PM the editor first, check the trades/requests forum second.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sistros said:
Hi ThrowngnCpr, thanks for your support but I don't understand, I haven't posted a link, ...
Thanks Hug, Sistros =)

not sure how I entered this conversation, but I like hugs.

fchgr.jpg

Sistros

Reaction score
Trophy Points
LOLOLOL you helped me with this remember =) As for the "hugs", in Portugal we say goodbye or compliment with...

Example:
Girls/women "thanks, bye bye, kiss/kisses" and boys/men "thank you, hug" =) It has no "LGBT" connotation or something like that. =)

PS: No prejudice or anything like that to anyone's sexual orientation. To me what counts is love, freedom and happiness to all.

Hug, Sistros =P

"Quote Originally Posted by Sistros View Post
Hi, I'm sorry to bother. but how can I download both movies revisited by you? I've looked for them .info but I couldn't find them. Help please.
Sistros, I've edited your post to remove the link. Don't do that again. If this is your first time here please read Using This Site. It's full of useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. This site has many rules in place to protect itself and its users. Should you ever need a reminder look no further: General Rules and Own the Source Rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to an admin for further details."

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
lol, 4 months. I can't remember what happened 4 hours ago.

Barabba

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Would it not be better to cut the Charms class, Ron's gripes about Hermione, and the Troll scene and instead include the Potions class scene? To introduce Snape better and keep the Flitwick appearance consistent throughout the films.

Andreas

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sorcerer's Stone will get a V2, but in my eyes more of a complete overhaul. The original version will remain, but for those who prefer an overall smoother transition into the darker aspects of the Harry Potter world - with better alterations to the original film, might find this one much more preferable.

CHANGES WILL INCLUDE:

- A moving camera. A lot less of the static shots and more movement.
- Less child-friendly lingering on shots. Removing a lot of extended reaction shots. This has done wonder to the pacing.
- Color grading with more color than that of my original version, but color graded to fit PoA a lot better.
- A lot less music from GoF and onwards (only 2 tracks as of now), as to better build the musical theme and identity of Sorcerer's Stone better. The first hour of the film is nearly all Sorcerer's Stone/CoS music, with my own alterations here and there.
- Removed instances of music in certain scenes. Sorcerer's Stone is very reliant on the music telling the story, and sometimes it can go on for too long. Built new SFX/ambience for these scenes. It's in a total about 50 seconds of music removal, so it's not anything major. Just enough to let the audience feel and interpret the story on their own in certain key scenes.
- Hogwarts is now a character. The film has about six-eight (might even become more) new establishing shots - all worked on for quite some time, and all completely new ones. No more borrowing from the other films. This, in my eyes, is crucial as to not feel like PoA is the first film to actually introduce the school and the atmosphere - and not just the characters.
- Removed ALL inconsistencies that I could think of. Mr. Flitwick's charms class is still featured, but his character is only seen briefly - and only his body, not his head (the inconsistency). This works surprisingly well, and one of the reasons for it is because we've already had two classes before this third one, all with newly introduced characters. That way, this third one doesn't feel all that important when I tell the audience that he really isn't.
- Removed ALL previous (V1) flashbacks, and only included two (whereas the original had four). These were remade, and are - in my humble opinion - much better.
- After about the one hour mark the film starts to grow a little bit darker, up until the ending confrontation with Voldemort - which turns GoF-Dark, but it's still very much a more adult-friendly child-movie with a breath of fresh air up until that point.
- Dumbed down Hagrid even more than V1. Now he's only a plot device when it comes to the Nicolas Flamel nameslip.
- Quidditch is paced better. This sequence also has the most color added to it out of the entire film. This thing should feel magical. In my V1 it looks colorless and somber. I also didn't include the PoA Quidditch Theme for the first film (like I did in V1), simply because this is the first entry. It should build its own identity, and the later musical scores should grow naturally into the film's tone and feel. This first Quidditch Match is simply just magical, and the film's score captures that brilliantly.
- Removed A LOT of shots that had bad CGI, or lingered on the shot so long that you would eventually notice it yourself.

- ... and a lot more, but I've forgotten.

sch92

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Andreas said:
Sorcerer's Stone will get a V2, but in my eyes more of a complete overhaul. The original version will remain, but for those who prefer an overall smoother transition into the darker aspects of the Harry Potter world - with better alterations to the original film, might find this one much more preferable.

CHANGES WILL INCLUDE:

- A moving camera. A lot less of the static shots and more movement.
- Less child-friendly lingering on shots. Removing a lot of extended reaction shots. This has done wonder to the pacing.
- Color grading with more color than that of my original version, but color graded to fit PoA a lot better.
- A lot less music from GoF and onwards (only 2 tracks as of now), as to better build the musical theme and identity of Sorcerer's Stone better. The first hour of the film is nearly all Sorcerer's Stone/CoS music, with my own alterations here and there.
- Removed instances of music in certain scenes. Sorcerer's Stone is very reliant on the music telling the story, and sometimes it can go on for too long. Built new SFX/ambience for these scenes. It's in a total about 50 seconds of music removal, so it's not anything major. Just enough to let the audience feel and interpret the story on their own in certain key scenes.
- Hogwarts is now a character. The film has about six-eight (might even become more) new establishing shots - all worked on for quite some time, and all completely new ones. No more borrowing from the other films. This, in my eyes, is crucial as to not feel like PoA is the first film to actually introduce the school and the atmosphere - and not just the characters.
- Removed ALL inconsistencies that I could think of. Mr. Flitwick's charms class is still featured, but his character is only seen briefly - and only his body, not his head (the inconsistency). This works surprisingly well, and one of the reasons for it is because we've already had two classes before this third one, all with newly introduced characters. That way, this third one doesn't feel all that important when I tell the audience that he really isn't.
- Removed ALL previous (V1) flashbacks, and only included two (whereas the original had four). These were remade, and are - in my humble opinion - much better.
- After about the one hour mark the film starts to grow a little bit darker, up until the ending confrontation with Voldemort - which turns GoF-Dark, but it's still very much a more adult-friendly child-movie with a breath of fresh air up until that point.
- Dumbed down Hagrid even more than V1. Now he's only a plot device when it comes to the Nicolas Flamel nameslip.
- Quidditch is paced better. This sequence also has the most color added to it out of the entire film. This thing should feel magical. In my V1 it looks colorless and somber. I also didn't include the PoA Quidditch Theme for the first film (like I did in V1), simply because this is the first entry. It should build its own identity, and the later musical scores should grow naturally into the film's tone and feel. This first Quidditch Match is simply just magical, and the film's score captures that brilliantly.
- Removed A LOT of shots that had bad CGI, or lingered on the shot so long that you would eventually notice it yourself.

- ... and a lot more, but I've forgotten.

Wow! Very nice, I like the changes a lot :).
Have you thought about trimming the Neville flying part to look less goofy?

Also, have you watched these videos? I think they are interesting:

Andreas

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
sch92 said:
Wow! Very nice, I like the changes a lot :).
Have you thought about trimming the Neville flying part to look less goofy?

Also, have you watched these videos? I think they are interesting:
Brilliant! Watched the two first way after bedtime. You ruined my sleep, son!

The third one doesn't have subtitles, and as I'm not fluent in Spanish - I miss out :(

I'm very happy having watched these videos that I'm keeping a lot of the Sorcerer's Stone OST, and will make sure that they stay as consistent as a storytelling medium as intended by John Williams.

The Danger Zone

Reaction score
Trophy Points
@"Andreas", a V2? Awesome! I'm going to see the original film at Cineworld Edinburgh this weekend, so it'll be interesting to see how well you handle your missteps from yesteryear—minor they may be. :)

Andreas

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Motleys Fanedits said:
@"Andreas", a V2? Awesome! I'm going to see the original film at Cineworld Edinburgh this weekend, so it'll be interesting to see how well you handle your missteps from yesteryear—minor they may be. :)

You flatter me. Watching my seven year old edit, and first, wasn't as fun for me as I suppose it may be for others. :p I was nitpicking through the entire thing and constantly thought "Oh, man, if I do this the movie will be so much better" and "Why didn't I do this??".

Andreas

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A NEW AND IMPROVED SS REVISITED

A new version, with improved color correction, pace and atmosphere.

This is the version I truly intended.

Soon to be released!

sch92

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Andreas said:
A NEW AND IMPROVED SS REVISITED

A new version, with improved color correction, pace and atmosphere.

This is the version I truly intended.

Soon to be released!

Niceee! Can't wait  :)

Top Bottom