• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone - Almighty Edit

almightycutie

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
After getting feedback on my Game of Thrones edit I am coming back to my Harry Potter edits to fix them up before submitting.

This is a pretty light edit, nothing too drastic. Most of the edits are just a second or so each to take out small annoyances I had with the films. Mainly things that I found dragged on too long, minor irritations like Harry shushing people or always having to get in a one-liner, and then a few bigger things to me like dumbing down Hagrid for comedy. My goal is to create light edits that don't try to reimagine or create anything new, but rather just enhance the original movies.

Wondering if anyone disagreed with any of my cuts or had thoughts on further changes?

There are a lot of very tiny edits that wouldn't be worth showing or getting feedback on. But here are some spots with a bit more editing:
(Hagrid and Harry talk about Voldemort -- Malfoy doesn't try to befriend Harry -- First meeting with Fluffy -- Troll attack -- Voldemort in the forest attack)

Subtitles made by the user - Robuust!

Change list:
  • Starting with the Ultimate Extended Edition as a base, I kept some extended scenes, but cut others.
  • Trimmed Dumbledore turning out the streetlights so many times
  • Trimmed Dudley jumping down the stairs on top of Harry's room
  • Removed Extended scene - Dudley's suit
  • Trimmed Hagrid breaking down the door
  • Kept Extended scene - Hagrid and Harry's train ride but trimmed a bit of the end
  • Trimmed Harry meeting Quirrell
  • Cut Hagrid fumbling for Harry's key to the vault
  • Added some ominous music when Harry is asking about Voldemort, and also cut Hagrid not being able to write his name
  • Cut Hagrid saying that Voldemort is still out there instead of dead
  • Added Apparate sound effect when Hagrid leaves Harry at the station
  • Cut Malfoy trying to extend a hand to Harry. He just bullies them a bit and it's over. This scene always felt too "in your face". I opted to remove it.
  • Mixed Snape's extended potions class with the original
  • Trimmed the first flying lesson a bit for the bad CGI and unnecessarily long scenes
  • Added a tiny bit of music when the trio first meet Fluffy and escape. Also trim it so they don't overpower a giant dog while pushing the door closed
  • Harry doesn't say "I like this ball" when Oliver is teaching him Quidditch
  • Cut Harry's one liner saying they need another feather after the explosion
  • Cut Hermione telling Ron how to swish and flick when he saves Harry from the troll. It made the mood too casual for this scene, and it also elevates Ron more if he's doing it on his own.
  • Added some light flashes against the walls while Ron saves Harry from the troll. This is just to blend the scenes together so it isn't so apparent that there are cuts here.
  • Cut Quirrell freaking out about the Troll roaring after being knocked out
  • Cut Snape telling Harry good luck in Quidditch. This scene felt out of place for me for some reason.
  • Cut most of Harry doing nothing during the first half of the Quidditch match. He just sits in the air most watching the others most of the time...
  • Cut Hagrid saying Harry's gonna be sick after he catches the snitch. I don't know why but I hated this line. Just a personal annoyance.
  • Trimmed Hagrid talking about Nicolas Flammel so he doesn't sound so dumb all the time
  • Cut Ron going to see the mirror completely. Harry's emotional scene at the mirror along with the extended scene with Ron trying to comfort him just don't work as well with Ron's mirror scene in there. Now there is no comedic bit to pull you out of Harry's emotional struggle here.
  • Kept Neville's leg lock curse but trimmed the end
  • Cut Harry shushing Ron while Hermione tells them about Flammel.
  • Cut Hagrid talking like an idiot again just before the dragon hatches
  • Cut Voldemort walking through the forest before the group splits up. Doesn't make sense for him to be walking around in view of the others.
  • Heavily trimmed up Voldemort trying to attack Harry in the forest and removed a lot of the bad effects here. Much better now
  • Cut half of Firenze's talk about Voldemort. This was too much exposition.
  • Completely cut the trio going to see Hagrid to ask him about the dragon seller and Hagrid being an idiot again telling them how to get past Fluffy. This is unnecessary as they don't use this knowledge to get past Fluffy, it's already done for them, and it's yet another scene of making Hagrid look dumb.
  • Cut Snape talking to them just after seeing McGonagal to try to tell Dumbledore about the stone. Because I cut the scene with Hagrid explaining Fluffy this scene had to be cut because they are talking about Snape knowing how to get past the dog.
  • Added a bit of music to when Neville confronts the trio, and cut Ron saying it's for his own good after they leave him on the floor.
  • Trimmed them getting past Fluffy so he doesn't wait so long to bite them, and doesn't bite the door
  • Trimmed up the next few rooms just slightly for pacing
  • Other minor trims throughout

Last edited:
Could I get a PM of the links for downloading the whole HP collection that you edited?

Just wanted to post an update. 1st is @robuust put in a ton of amazing work for me and made subtitles for all 8 of my Harry Potter edits! Thank you so much for making these! I'm just going to make a post on this first movie's thread so I don't clutter the forum, but a huge shoutout to Robuust!

I also made a couple other small changes for the first movie to smooth some transitions. Nothing too drastic, one scene where Hagrid fumbles for Harry's key is timed a little better, and the shot where Ron saves Harry from the troll has flashes of lightning added so the scenes blend together now.

This message has been deleted by the user.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom