• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban Almighty Edit

almightycutie

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
After getting feedback on my Game of Thrones edit I am coming back to my Harry Potter edits to fix them up before submitting. Onto PoA.
My goal is to create light edits that don't try to reimagine or create anything new, but rather just enhance the original movies.

This is one of my favorite movies of the series so the edit is very light. I like most of this movie, but there are a few things I wanted to update. Most of the updates are so minor and quick you wouldn't notice them.

Wondering if anyone disagreed with any of my cuts or had thoughts on further changes?

Here are a few of the scenes I worked on:

(Slight edits to Harry crying in the snow -- Whomping Willow attack -- Ending without freeze frame)

Subtitles made by the user - Robuust!

Change list:
  • Cut one of the two button attacks on Dudley in the beginning. It was just a bit too goofy for me having a second button knock him down.
  • Cut the old lady crossing the street during the Knight Bus along with the first of Harry slamming into the window. I absolutely hated Harry slamming into the window. I tried cutting around the old lady but it worked better to just cut her out entirely.
  • Cut Neville getting knocked down by the monster book and the awful joke - "I'm okay!" It's one of my most hated "jokes" in film for a character to fall down and then get back up saying "I'm okay".
  • Slight trims to Harry's Patronus lesson. I took out Harry's line "just do it" to Lupin. Felt weirdly aggressive in the scene.
  • Very slight trims when Harry is crying in the snow. Lots of bad acting here with the fake cries and yells. I tried to cut out most of the crying but I could only turn it down a bit because it is on every channel in the audio mix. I also trimmed a bit of his intense breathing after he yells. I just can't take him seriously. Sadly I couldn't get rid of all the bad acting, but these very tiny trims make this scene better.
  • Trimmed up the Whomping Willow fight. At first I tried cutting the whole thing out, but ended up keeping most of it in. Hermione still flies around but I tried to tone it down a lot so it isn't so ridiculous.
  • Trimmed a bit of Harry's first encounter with Sirius for pacing.
  • Cut Sirius gasping at the Dementors and then the next scene being knocked out again. Weird jump cut.
  • Cut Harry and Hermione seeing Snape walk into the Whomping Willow right after Lupin when he should've arrived a short while later. The timing on this one always bugged me.
  • Trimmed a bit of when Harry and Hermione see the bats fly by so Harry doesn't have to have the last word on everything.
  • Cut Harry's nonchalant line when the Werewolf starts running at them.
  • Straight to black right before credits instead of the freeze frame.

Last edited:

almightycutie

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A couple more changes:
  • Trimmed some of Harry's awkward delivery after Marge asks if he gets hit with canes at school.
  • Took out Hermione shouting at Ron for stepping on her foot when the dementor is coming in on the train. It was a weird moment that Ron doesn't even react to.
  • Trimmed just a bit of Ron holding onto the window as the dementor is coming. He holds it there for so long. Just felt a little forced

almightycutie

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A few more changes:
  • Right after Harry asks Mr Weasley why would he go looking for Sirius, the shot lingers on Harry's face way too long. Shortened it just a bit.
  • Cut Hermione's cringe delivery as she mocks Trelawney on the way to Hagrid's class
  • Cut back a bit on Hermione's over the top laughing after Harry's snowball fight with Malfoy & gang
  • A few quick trims for pacing as Harry and Hermione are getting Buckbeak out of the pumpkin patch. Wanted to speed this up so it was more realistic to the timing of when the trio are originally running up the hill.
  • Cut Harry saying Lupin is having a bad night right after they get saved by Buckbeak in the forest

Top Bottom