• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix: Revisited by Andreas

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
If you did the first four in Hogwarts House colors, that might be pretty awesome. The first would be Gryffindor maroon and gold for example. Second maybe Slytherin (for Tom), third Ravenclaw (for convenience) and fourth Hufflepuff (for Cedric)? Maybe the last half could all be black with different text colors after Voldemort is back.
Idk just an idea.

Andreas

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
addiesin said:
If you did the first four in Hogwarts House colors, that might be pretty awesome. The first would be Gryffindor maroon and gold for example. Second maybe Slytherin (for Tom), third Ravenclaw (for convenience) and fourth Hufflepuff (for Cedric)? Maybe the last half could all be black with different text colors after Voldemort is back.
Idk just an idea.
I really love this idea, @"addiesin" . Give this man a wand!

theryaney

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Andreas said:
Just brilliant!

I’m gonna ask you for a lot now, and you certainly don’t have to do it - but would you bother whenever you have the time to do this style for the other entries as well?

Continuity is a big part of this revisited franchise so having cover arts in the same style would be terrific.

No time limit or pressure.

If you do, each cover having a unique color would look and feel magical.

Sure, I don't have much to do right now in the holidays. :)

addiesin said:
Idk just an idea.

Something like these book covers?

20th-anniversary-book-set_large.png

Here are my initial designs:

Screen-Shot-2018-12-17-at-09.37.05.png

Andreas

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
theryaney said:
*COVER ARTS*
Oh my. This is beautiful. I'd prefer a little more yellow to the Goblet of Fire (Hufflepuff colored) one as it resembles Sorcerer's Stone a tad too much. But yes. This is just beautiful. Terrific.

This, for the first four, is perfect. Followed by @"addiesin" 's brilliant idea to make Order of the Phoenix (which you can keep colored as is), Half-Blood Prince and Deathly Hallows dark and somber with each of the three covers having their own unique text color.

theryaney

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Here are the current line of covers and disc arts:

HarryPotterandtheSorcerersStoneRevisited.png

HarryPotterandtheChamberofSecretsRevisited.png

HarryPotterandtheGobletofFireRevisited.png

SS-Disc.png

CoS-Disc.png

GoF-Disc.png

(I'll finish PoA when you finish it :) )

Andreas

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
@"theryaney" You beautiful human! I'd pay you the first two rounds in a pub for this. Cheers, my friend! You really help me make these edits feel true to their intended purpose!

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm usually not into cover art, but that is fantastic.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Edit is now on ifdb. Thread moved.

tenor.gif

asterixsmeagol

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
theryaney said:
Here are the final cover and disc arts as well as a poster:
HarryPotterandtheOrderofthePhoenixRevisited-1.png

OotP-Disc.png

HarryPotterandtheOrderofthePhoenixRevisited-Copy.png

theryaney said:
Here are the current line of covers and disc arts:

HarryPotterandtheSorcerersStoneRevisited.png

HarryPotterandtheChamberofSecretsRevisited.png

HarryPotterandtheGobletofFireRevisited.png

SS-Disc.png

CoS-Disc.png

GoF-Disc.png

(I'll finish PoA when you finish it :) )

Hey, FYI the version of the poster up loaded to IFDB is super low resolution.
Do you have poster versions of these other three covers to update IFDB with also? I'd also like to get those into my Plex library for consistency.

Top Bottom