• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix: Revisited by Andreas

The Danger Zone

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Andreas said:
Cheers, brother! Good to be back! What did you think about the previews? :)

I think they look good. I have a couple of questions to get off my chest:
1. Have you prepared a cutlist as of late?
2. Any deleted scenes you plan to add?

Andreas

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Motley'] [quote="Andreas said:
Cheers, brother! Good to be back! What did you think about the previews? :)

I think they look good. I have a couple of questions to get off my chest:
1. Have you prepared a cutlist as of late?
2. Any deleted scenes you plan to add?
[/quote]
Cheers, man!

1. Not really, no. I could of course make one - and lose valuable time at writing rather than editing (lol), but I've always been a fan of surprise. I think the less you know going into the edit (besides the obvious previews of course), the more pleasantly surprised and involved you will be whilst watching it.
2. Yes. Malfoy and his gang throwing snowballs at students is added back in, as well as Harry's emotional and extended scenes at the end of the movie.

The Danger Zone

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Andreas said:
Cheers, man!

1. Not really, no. I could of course make one - and lose valuable time at writing rather than editing (lol), but I've always been a fan of surprise. I think the less you know going into the edit (besides the obvious previews of course), the more pleasantly surprised and involved you will be whilst watching it.
2. Yes. Malfoy and his gang throwing snowballs at students is added back in, as well as Harry's emotional and extended scenes at the end of the movie.

1. Ah, so you want to keep this a surprise for me. Very well then. When can I expect the final product?
2. Good to know! :D

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Andreas said:
Hmm, maybe it is a little bit over-the-top. I might go with a little bit more subtle Voldemort theme here. I think the Dementor theme works, but its volume should be lowered a little. The Dementor theme comes back in OotP and evolves with the story, as Voldemort's tight fists are overtaking the universe more and more.

On second thought, keep the Dementor theme :) It makes her more sinister and is a great nod to the fact that (OotP book spoilers)

she was the one who sent the Dementors to Little Winghing in the book

(Hmm... Should I worry about book spoilers?)

As for the other part, I would recommend a subtle “The Face of Voldemort” reprise instead of the bombastic mystery theme.

Andreas

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
On second thought, keep the Dementor theme :) It makes her more sinister and is a great nod to the fact that (OotP book spoilers)

she was the one who sent the Dementors to Little Winghing in the book

(Hmm... Should I worry about book spoilers?)

As for the other part, I would recommend a subtle “The Face of Voldemort” reprise instead of the bombastic mystery theme.
Exactly! She kind of is the evolving dementor theme for this movie. And no; the books have been out for so many years now you shouldn't have to worry about that.

I agree. A more subtle Voldemort Theme might suffice.

Andreas

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neville's Theme / Neville's Struggle

A lot of fans have stated that the fate of Neville's parents are so quickly brushed over and forgotten, that I tried to emphasize these points by adding back in a quick flashback from Sirius's talk with Harry (to clear the point across that they died to Bellatrix), and also to create a much more emotional soundtrack that might evolve through until DH.

The Danger Zone

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Watched the Neville preview, almost made me tear up it was so emotional! >~<

Andreas

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Masirimso17 said:
^Amazing job!
[quote="Motley']
Watched the Neville preview, almost made me tear up it was so emotional! >~<
[/quote]

Cheers, you two! You flatter me! I'm happy you liked it.

On another, genereal note: I'm making the sessions with Snape a little bit more fleshed out, continuity-wise. I might have a preview up soon.

Andreas

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
IT IS FINISHED

As a Christmas present, Order of the Phoenix Revisited is finished.

It will be uploaded tomorrow night.

It is, in my humble opinion, my best HP edit as of yet. Thank you!

The Danger Zone

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Andreas said:
IT IS FINISHED

As a Christmas present, Order of the Phoenix Revisited is finished.

It will be uploaded tomorrow night.

It is, in my humble opinion, my best HP edit as of yet. Thank you!

At last, your first released HP edit in a long time! Any hints as to what to expect, brother? :D

Andreas

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
[quote="Motley']
At last, your first released HP edit in a long time! Any hints as to what to expect, brother? :D
[/quote]
It was indeed time! :D

You can expect the best possible version of OotP I think there is, and loads of changes.

Andreas

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The edit is now uploaded, and can be retrieved over PM. Remember to own the original product.

I am also in need of a cover art, and I will therefore not upload the edit to the IfdB before having one. Credit will be given.

theryaney

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Andreas said:
The edit is now uploaded, and can be retrieved over PM. Remember to own the original product.

I am also in need of a cover art, and I will therefore not upload the edit to the IfdB before having one. Credit will be given.

Great news! Will send you a PM soon.

I'm actually making a cover art at the moment for this edit, even before this post, so hang on to that for a while. Info for the description, bonus material, runtime?   :)

theryaney

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Here's what I've been working on:

HarryPotterandtheOrderofthePhoenixRevisited.png

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Wow, this is awesome surprise. Way to go, @"Andreas"!

Andreas

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
@"theryaney" You magnificent bastard! That looks as gorgeous as it is magical. Thank you, my friend! You've done it again!

@"Masirimso17" I love to surprise. Everything for you, brother! Cheers!

theryaney

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Andreas said:
@"theryaney" You magnificent bastard! That looks as gorgeous as it is magical. Thank you, my friend! You've done it again!

Thank you. You're very much welcome. :)

Here are the final cover and disc arts as well as a poster:
HarryPotterandtheOrderofthePhoenixRevisited-1.png

OotP-Disc.png

HarryPotterandtheOrderofthePhoenixRevisited-Copy.png

Andreas

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just brilliant!

I’m gonna ask you for a lot now, and you certainly don’t have to do it - but would you bother whenever you have the time to do this style for the other entries as well?

Continuity is a big part of this revisited franchise so having cover arts in the same style would be terrific.

No time limit or pressure.

If you do, each cover having a unique color would look and feel magical.

Top Bottom